• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How To Get This Hairstyle

imwright

Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently been looking for a hairstyle, seeing as I currently am just letting it do whatever, and I have come across this:

normal_amy001.jpg

Side view of the same character:

mars1.jpg

This is what I want, I am a complete novice at this so, my question is:

1. ) How do I get the front to stand up like that? I'm assuming some type of gel? Brands would be helpful, I was overwhelmed today.

2. ) How long should the bangs be to get this effect? (Mid forehead, 3/4, eyebrows?)

Thanks.

P.S. The character is Logan Echolls from Veronica Mars if you were wondering.

razuel

Reaction score
I have that same exact hair style. I use this paste by redken, works wonders. My stylist recommended it-- just make sure to use it after your hair is dry, using it when wet won't work. It also won't make your hair look wet/greasey, it's great stuff. It's a fairly simple style to create, simply use your hands to move it where you want. To get the pieces to separate and kind of look a little messier, twist your hair at various spots with the paste in it; almost like sculpting. Here's a link to a medium strength paste, http://www.redken.com/products/displayProduct.cfm?p=552 You can choose a mild strength or stronger paste depending on how coarse your hair is. The length is pretty self explanatory. Just grow it until it adheres to your desired look. The guy in the picture doesn't have his very long, checkout some of John Mayer's shorter styles-- they look great.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interpol's great.

OP, American Crew's products are pretty sturdy, as well, though a somewhat strong perfume. Just remember the key to using hair product is to start from the back and go forward. Then add more in front if that's where you need it. But you need that 'base' of gunk in the crown of your head to really make it look kewl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads