• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How should new shoes fit?

miurasv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asian Afro
I noticed that. It also gave me the wrong sizes (half a size more than they should be for US and UK). The Euro size was correct for me.

I thought mine came out half a size too big as well. There are actually 10, not 5, width measurements you have to make. It was the width fitting I was more interested in as I get problems with my little toes.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much what you have written here and in other posts, except for two points: 1. He likes to give plenty of width in the toebox. The relation of the foot to the insole is however fixed. No sliding around. As you said. 2. He speaks of the actual length of the foot and the supposed length of the foot. He says almost no foot is of its supposed length. Wrong shoes, tight socks, etc. cause the foot to have a different length from what it was genetically destined to have. The actual length is easily determined by measuring the foot. The supposed length is found by the "ulna of the forearm", a method developed by a certain Karl Georg Henkel. (superstition?) Allowing the feet to grow to its supposed length is an important precondition to achieving healthy feet.
Interesting. Thank you. Do you do translations? I wish I could get a text version of this pdf in English. I could put it together with the images in the pdf and really understand it.
@DWFII I came across this post from my searches to explain how shoes fit to my friends, I did a translate via Google, not sure if you have already done it.

Google Translate PDF Files for Free
  1. Access the Translate Document tool.
  2. Choose the language to translate from and to. If you’re unsure, you can set the input language to “Detect language.”
  3. Click “Choose File” and then the blue “Translate” button.
  4. Let Google work its magic.
  5. You’ll get a pop-up with the PDF file translated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads