• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many hours sleep do you get a night?

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
any less than 8 and I feel ill the entire day. sucks to be me I guess.

+1.

8 works perfect. if 7, i am waiting to go to sleep from the moment i get up.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
6-9. I am perpetually groggy no matter how much I sleep.

I feel that.

I get about 5 during the week, and then 7-10 on saturday/sunday.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually about six during the week and then seven to nine on the weekend. How I feel is less about how much I go to sleep than it is when I go to sleep. I could go to bed at 2 a.m., wake up at 10 a.m., and still feel lethargic. But if I'm asleep by, say, 10 p.m., I'll pop out of bed at 5:30 a.m.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 hours usually. I feel fine - just got used to that amount.

PipPip

Reaction score
Normally I get 6 to 7 hours and I feel good on that amount. If I get more than 7 hours (weekends) I feel drowsy all day. If I get less than 6 hours I'm angry and jumpy all day.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
6 hours is ideal for me. When I was younger, I could go a month or so on only 4 hours, but the older I get the tougher it is to sustain. 8 hours is too much and paradoxically leaves me feeling more tired.

I always thought if I could get away without ever sleeping I never would, but as I've gotten older I consider it less of a waste of time.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
During the school year I'm in bed by 9:30 ideally and up at 5:15...nights when I have later hockey games hurt me.

Now that I'm off for a few weeks, I can sleep until 7 when the kids get up and I can also nap during the day if I need to.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I like to sleep 8 hours and take hour long naps.
I am a huge fan of the nap. Been doing 6 hours or so at night, and a half hour nap after work. When I go back to school I'm thinking about getting a better mattress, and aiming for less then 5 hours at night and hour nap after class.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I usually get around 7-8 hours. If I wake up to an alarm clock, I have trouble getting out of bed. On the weekends I usually only get 5-7 but I feel fine when I wake up since I don't use my alarm clock.
I switched to a rhythmic series of birds chirping about 6 months ago. It starts of quitely and gets progressively louder then starts over. I usually set it for about 15 minutes earlier then I usually have to wake up, and set my normal obnoxious alarm when I do have to get up. Usually, unless I've had a rough night, the birds chirping has me awake and feeling great before my normal alarm even goes off.

But ya .. my old alarm was painful. It would wake me up, but I'd be zombie mode for at least 30 minutes after I woke up and feeling like **** all morning.

G79

Reaction score
6 to function, 8 is perfect for a great non tiring day.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
6, more or less, during the week. I usually feel more alert if I force myself to get up straight away; hitting snooze just seems to worsen the grogginess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads