• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I fix my social life/ make one?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

you say that as if you actually know me, can you explain more?

If you need to ask the question, "What do you all consider an interesting person to talk to?" to a random group of anonymous Internet posters you obviously are not one. If you need to ask the same group of people how to creep into groups of people you are obviously not an interesting person. It is ******* creepy that you text people you barely know that you met by creeping into a group of people. It is obvious you do nothing interesting as you have to ask this same group of people how to text the people you're creeping an inducement to hang with you.

If you were interesting and non-creepy you'd have friends. In fact, maybe if you were just not creepy you'd have friends, as I've known groups of non-interesting people that hung out together. So maybe you're focusing on the wrong issue? Maybe the question should be, "How do I stop creeping people out?"

magicman221

Reaction score
If you need to ask the question, "What do you all consider an interesting person to talk to?" to a random group of anonymous Internet posters you obviously are not one. If you need to ask the same group of people how to creep into groups of people you are obviously not an interesting person. It is ******* creepy that you text people you barely know that you met by creeping into a group of people. It is obvious you do nothing interesting as you have to ask this same group of people how to text the people you're creeping an inducement to hang with you.

If you were interesting and non-creepy you'd have friends. In fact, maybe if you were just not creepy you'd have friends, as I've known groups of non-interesting people that hung out together. So maybe you're focusing on the wrong issue? Maybe the question should be, "How do I stop creeping people out?"

How do i stop creeping people out? Also i knew the person i was texting, used to hang out with the person

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

How do i stop creeping people out? Also i knew the person i was texting, used to hang out with the person

It sure doesn't read like you hung out with that person. And if you used to hang out with him/her then you've hung out with people before, therefore know how to get people to hang out with, therefore this thread is fatuous.

magicman221

Reaction score
you manage to post creepier than the average SF poster
confused.gif
well damn =( i think this mite be the problem.

Last edited:

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Focus on yourself, for now. Not on attempting to impress or gain favor in certain social circles. You say you aren't interesting. Work on that. If you have nothing worth sharing with others, there is little reason for people to want to be your friend.
I agree with this advice. Looking for friendship is not unlike looking for a romantic partner. The more you seem to actively look for it, the more it will elude you. You really should focus on yourself, such as developing your skills and hobbies. One thing you can do is be sure to have a routine: for example every Saturday morning you have coffee at the same place, or every Wednesday night you go to an activity or club of some kind. The people invovled in it might not want to be your friend immediately, but you will be "out there" and living life. Friends are like butterflies. They will show up when you least expect it. Another important thing is to know how to recognize a potential friend when you meet them. It should be totally natural, and not forced. You will feel it.

I know it is not easy to be alone a lot, and to feel awkward. But if you work on improving yourself and being positive, your life will become positive in every way. It sounds cheesy, but it really is true.

People are attracted to happy, healthy people. The more you smile, the less you complain, the more people will like you. Nice guys don't always finish last. Good luck!

magicman221

Reaction score
I agree with this advice. Looking for friendship is not unlike looking for a romantic partner. The more you seem to actively look for it, the more it will elude you. You really should focus on yourself, such as developing your skills and hobbies. One thing you can do is be sure to have a routine: for example every Saturday morning you have coffee at the same place, or every Wednesday night you go to an activity or club of some kind. The people invovled in it might not want to be your friend immediately, but you will be "out there" and living life. Friends are like butterflies. They will show up when you least expect it. Another important thing is to know how to recognize a potential friend when you meet them. It should be totally natural, and not forced. You will feel it.

I know it is not easy to be alone a lot, and to feel awkward. But if you work on improving yourself and being positive, your life will become positive in every way. It sounds cheesy, but it really is true.

People are attracted to happy, healthy people. The more you smile, the less you complain, the more people will like you. Nice guys don't always finish last. Good luck!

This is helpful advice =)

Last edited:

magicman221

Reaction score
Whats a good way to initiate a conversation without coming off as creepy and not looking desperate or needy?

Last edited:

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score

Whats a good way to initiate a conversation without coming off as creepy and not looking desperate or needy?

whatever you say, it should be relevant to your context (location, time, surroundings, etc). it should be somewhat interesting or funny, and honest. and before doing anything, you should judge the likely response of the other person by observing their behavior, facial expression, body language, etc: don't disturb someone who doesn't want to be disturbed.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hang some brain and ask "who's gum is this?" While motioning to your crotch.

magicman221

Reaction score
goin into my 3rd or 4th week of school and still hvnt made any actual friends, i have joined clubs and i have had conversations with people which are getting better due to readin up on my interests, but the people i talk to seem to just wanna stay acquaintances, they seem to make excuses when i plan something. How do I turn acquaintances into friends.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

goin into my 3rd or 4th week of school and still hvnt made any actual friends, i have joined clubs and i have had conversations with people which are getting better due to readin up on my interests, but the people i talk to seem to just wanna stay acquaintances, they seem to make excuses when i try planning something. How do I turn acquaintances into friends.

You really expect an actual friendship to go from 0 to 60 in a few weeks? Have you ever had a real friend?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96