• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How difficult is it to polish Lucchese Black Cherry colored boots?

Alozano

Reaction score
I always loved that Black Cherry color that Lucchese has for some of their cowboy boots, but I've had one worry concerning buying a pair in that color. I've heard that specific color can be really difficult as far as maintaining with polish, and my fear would be that eventually the color would be lost and not something I can keep or restore. Is this true, or is there a way to keep the color and not lose it? I think I saw something with someone mentioning using multiple layers of black and a specific red polish, but I don't know how well that actually worked, and also I've heard you generally don't want to overload leather cowboy boots with too many layers of product. Anyone have any experience with Black Cherry color and trying to keep it, any success?

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polish color doesn't have to be an exact match. You could use neutral. Or you select a shade that is close. You will get a slight shade change but not dramatic. Of course you could contact the maker and ask for their recommendation.

suitedcboy

Reaction score
I had Lucchese Black cherry Roper boots for many years. Those were red leather with black dye to get the color. I tik that is still how they get the color. If scratched the red would come through but black polish fixed it. I had no issues using black polish to maintain them. If the black got to be too much then I'd use neutral to clean some of the black off to my liking.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Use neutral, that's what I do for colored boots/shoes (unless I have polish that's a good match).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads