• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exceptionally mild, even warm here with more to come...earlier in the week I went out a couple of days without a top coat, as here:

CT Lanvin braces.JPG

CT Lanvin sitting.JPG

Suit - C Tyrwhitt in Alfred Brown worsted
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie - Lanvin
PS and braces - TM Lewin
Monks - Jeffery-West

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arnys is one of the truly legendary Parisian tailors together with Cifonelli, Camps de Luca etc. It was founded in 1933 and is still around today, but since 2012 they're owned by Berluti (which is owned by LVMH). This jacket is not recent, it's from pre-Berluti Arnys.

If you think Ben Silver's prices are laughable, Arnys/Berluti is not for you. It's mainly bespoke and starts north of 5000 USD... . I have no experience of Arnys after Berluti bought them but I have friends who claim that the focus now is more luxury than quality (which used to be outstanding), but I can't judge whether that's true or if it's more nostalgia over the original Arnys.
Part of the problem is that the French CM internet has begun a cult of Arnys after it closed so all the second hand stuff has shot up. The most ridiculous is the forestiere, a type of workman or hunting jacket that was once worn by Francois Fillon, covered by the press, and since will go off eBay in seconds for more than a full suit. On the second hand marketplace Vestiaire du Renard SCs go for 2-4x the price for Zegna or Canali, and on par with the work of legendary tailors including Cifonelli.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that the French CM internet has begun a cult of Arnys after it closed so all the second hand stuff has shot up. The most ridiculous is the forestiere, a type of workman or hunting jacket that was once worn by Francois Fillon, covered by the press, and since will go off eBay in seconds for more than a full suit. On the second hand marketplace Vestiaire du Renard SCs go for 2-4x the price for Zegna or Canali, and on par with the work of legendary tailors including Cifonelli.

Yes, never really understood the forestière. On Le Corbusier perhaps, since it was created for him, but otherwise I think there are better looking jackets in that genre.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Awesome look. The pocket square looks much better here more tucked in. You have some extraordinary sport coats. Great patterns. I would love to get a peek at your collection.

Thanks. Appreciate your compliments. Yea, the Rumisu silk seems more workable in terms of folding. Ive always been more of sport coat guy. Suits always seemed to formal to wear everyday. However, of late, i have started to enjoy wearing double breasted suits alot. I already have about 3 or 4 in progress. I would be happy to share some older pictures of my fairly old sports jackets if you’d like to see them.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice on what color suits and shirts to pair with this brown and white striped tie.

View attachment 1132730
Navy suit. (Chalkstripe if you feel adventurous)
Charcoal suit. (Ditto with the chalkstripe)
Flannel suit.
Windowpane suit.

White shirt.
Blue shirt.
Both in pencil stripe or solid.

The tie almost looks like the stripes are more appropriate on a shirt. I have a couple with similarly-proportioned stripes.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Navy suit. (Chalkstripe if you feel adventurous)
Charcoal suit. (Ditto with the chalkstripe)
Flannel suit.
Windowpane suit.

White shirt.
Blue shirt.
Both in pencil stripe or solid.

The tie almost looks like the stripes are more appropriate on a shirt. I have a couple with similarly-proportioned stripes.

Thanks. What do you mean by it look more appropriate on a shirt?

I know you can’t go wrong with a dark navy or blue suit and a brown tie. Just having trouble visualizing if a white (too much white?) or blue shirt would be better, I’ve never worn a white striped tie before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads