• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bullrams

Reaction score
Brown & Grey

IMG_6177_2.jpg

IMG_6230_2.jpg
Brown & Grey

IMG_6177_2.jpg

IMG_6230_2.jpg
VERY well done! Excellent!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of belts, there is at least one member of this group (@Caustic Man) who has sometimes posted pictures with his belt buckled on the side.

Here's a recent picture of the Princess Royal with two Royal Logistics Corps soldiers who have buckled their stable belts on the side.

50658162_2230574276964390_7316958941764648960_o.jpg

While on the subject of British regiments, yesterday at the Huntington Library in San Marino CA I noticed all the security guards wear Argyle & Sutherland regimental ties.

P1120976.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per the comments above, I do post to get critiques and @troika for example, has been one of many who's been a part of my transition. My overall goal is to be a better self than yesterday so any form of advice is appreciated.

It's my first time treading into this thread specifically. I'm not familiar with the who's-who-in-the-zoo just yet and I respect all types of comments to me, good or otherwise. I will respond to more constructive inquiries and will listen or at least, attempt to be close to what is being discussed.

The type of dialogue we can have here without mods closing down is what makes SF great so I hope it keeps going.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yesterday's outfit. Wishing you all a lovely weekend ahead. Regards :)

After giving you such a hard time in the past about the tightness of your suits, I feel obliged to note the improved state of your fit.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a second round interview today so brought out the different suit.

For some reason my tailor consistently makes sleeves a touch too long. Also please tell me your thoughts on the coat length. I’m still debating if it should shorten it.

@An Acute Style i lost some weight again so no more pulling on that button! And @wigglr i didn’t forget to get sleeker lasted black shoes!

Suit: Ring
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Shibumi
PS: B&B
Shoes: Yanko

View attachment 1113455 View attachment 1113456 View attachment 1113458
Hard to tell about the jacket length because the angle of the photo is shortening your legs. The jacket shape looks like a good one for you. One sleeve looks a little full, but that might also be photo tricks. The left one looks fine.

If I were going to an interview and tying a double four-in-hand (I assume to shorten the tie), I'd pull the front blade through the second loop to avoid the usual DFIH look. To me, it's a little casual for an interview.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell about the jacket length because the angle of the photo is shortening your legs. The jacket shape looks like a good one for you. One sleeve looks a little full, but that might also be photo tricks. The left one looks fine.

If I were going to an interview and tying a double four-in-hand (I assume to shorten the tie), I'd pull the front blade through the second loop to avoid the usual DFIH look. To me, it's a little casual for an interview.

This is definitely the longest jacket I have as I havent changed it at all. The sleeves feel ok, again I think that may be the changes in my exercise regimens so my arms are getting bigger again putting more pressure on my upper arms.

But regarding the DFIH, I think I have seen that tie knot under a different name, but I had not thought of it and I like that idea. I will use that knot in another interview I have coming up next week! I could easily do a half-windsor but I never liked the ultra symmetrical knots for myself.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derinmichel