• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SplurgeFrugal

Reaction score
Nice then, Nice Now! Time and Mass Production has changed all (CK) that, (CK) This may be a 1st on here? The Tie Clip, Its not working, a Tie Tick/Pin would look Elegant... IMHHO...

Thanks! I've been looking for more suits from this collection and vintage. They are beautifully tailored. Haven't found any so far.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Wiwt, happy news years everyone
2D306CC2-78B4-42FD-A785-27E2666DD967.jpeg

Casely hayford coat
Spier mackay shirt and trousers
Chipp2 silk knit
Heinrich dincklacher budapesters
ADD2ABF7-F0C7-455B-8536-9035060335A3.jpeg
3AD68789-C5A5-4A05-81E1-25D871FBA3CD.jpeg
87580F2A-5913-4A8C-9945-ABE43CA41BA1.jpeg
B5563852-DB37-46D4-8968-CD803A638A49.jpeg

blekit

Reaction score
Last one this year, didn't try to pick anything extraordinary though. Have a great evening everyone and a happy New Year! :)

20181231_073510.jpg

20181231_073916.jpg

tumblr_pklkpqndCe1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

* Henry Cottons coat
* Suitsupply jacket
* Miler Menswear shirt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Yanko boots

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice then, Nice Now! Time and Mass Production has changed all (CK) that, (CK) This may be a 1st on here? The Tie Clip, Its not working, a Tie Tick/Pin would look Elegant... IMHHO...

I’m a fan of tie slides and use one every day I’m wearing a tie. For function more than bling, in order to keep my tie out of my soup, so it’s usually positioned below the jacket’s buttoning point and only visible when I sit down.

Vintage tie slides can be had off eBay. My daily use one is in chunky silver acquired from a trip to Cozumel.

Anyway, if you’re going to display your clip, a man-sized tie deserves a man-sized clip/slide. Those one-inch-wide ones (from The Tie Bar) which are wedged into almost every GQ photo layout, are letting you down. I suggest you put your thrifting skills to use and see if you can acquire something that will do the rest of your outfit justice.

Hope you don’t mind the critique!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're great at delivering soft blows :)

I like bold glasses frames. I know they're unpopularly large and many people do tell me they're "oversized". I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and I was a very scrawny kid growing up. They've always seemed too big for my face so I guess I've kind of gravitated towards larger frames as I filled out my body's frame. They don't bother me, but yes I'm aware they're outside the realms of normalcy.

And thank you for the fit compliments :)

all love here......all love.

for the NY, try a more svelte frame

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year

P1120846.JPG

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket , OCBD shirt, tie, sweater vest, and pocket square, Lands' End trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I’m a fan of tie slides and use one every day I’m wearing a tie. For function more than bling, in order to keep my tie out of my soup, so it’s usually positioned below the jacket’s buttoning point and only visible when I sit down.

Vintage tie slides can be had off eBay. My daily use one is in chunky silver acquired from a trip to Cozumel.

Anyway, if you’re going to display your clip, a man-sized tie deserves a man-sized clip/slide. Those one-inch-wide ones (from The Tie Bar) which are wedged into almost every GQ photo layout, are letting you down. I suggest you put your thrifting skills to use and see if you can acquire something that will do the rest of your outfit justice.

Hope you don’t mind the critique!

What about this one ? :D
DT.jpeg

Happy new year folks !

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best pics but all in all the new Steed MTM is pretty spot on out of the box. Lapels will need a repressing when they visit at the end of the month, which I think is causing the button stance to give the appearance of being a bit high. I'll also have the sleeves shortened a touch. Fabric is a Dugdale light-weight "travelers" flannel. Happy new year, all!

Steed-MTM-jcmeyer-flannel-mid-closed.jpg

Steed-MTM-jcmeyer-flannel-full-closed.jpg

Bad-lighting sit shot
Steed-MTM-jcmeyer-flannel-sitting.jpg

Steed-MTM-jcmeyer-flannel-full-open.jpg

Steed-MTM-jcmeyer-flannel-fabric-close.jpg

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Is was thinking of commissioning something from Dugdale Travel Flannel. Do you find there is any natural stretch in the cloth?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads