• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be slightly outside the scope of the thread, but what are peoples' favorite pocket squares? As in, what squares do you find yourself reaching for the most? I'm looking to grab another couple of silk squares that can be rearranged to show a variety of different colors. I have a standard white linen, a white linen with blue edge, a green Rubinacci Victory, a Hober Old Map, and a Kent Wang Big Wave.

Any recommendations?

I have the KW departure herald, Shinigawa and hunt of the unicorn and those have almost exclusively been the ones I use lately. I need to get some more for sure.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hussars madrid has some artwork squares that you can use for different colors. Reasonably priced with free shipping.

This might be slightly outside the scope of the thread, but what are peoples' favorite pocket squares? As in, what squares do you find yourself reaching for the most? I'm looking to grab another couple of silk squares that can be rearranged to show a variety of different colors. I have a standard white linen, a white linen with blue edge, a green Rubinacci Victory, a Hober Old Map, and a Kent Wang Big Wave.

Any recommendations?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to get some better pictures today. Again I had to go a little more business appropriate. This suit was actually my first better quality suit and I still love it, even though the color is hard to capture. This was also my first better quality tie, which I don't like quite as much, it is a seven fold but it is so thick and doesn't drape at all really. The color of the suit is much more like the second and third shots, somewhat of a steel blue but sunlight brightens it up like in the first shot. Last thing I swear, I recently got some Bresciani and Marcoliani socks and I finally know what I have been missing for years.

fullsizerender-3-jpg.819663

fullsizerender-jpg.819664

i think you may be better served by a shorter jacket

anyone else agree or disagree?

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hussars madrid has some artwork squares that you can use for different colors. Reasonably priced with free shipping.
Agreed! They're hella versatile.

blueberry7

Reaction score

Thank you for this recommendation!
Just what I wanted, only I hadn't known that I wanted them before having seen them, if you know what I mean.

On impulse, I ordered four. Three on sale, one regular.
Looking forward to see the squares in reality.

blekit

Reaction score
I really like the top half, however the shoes are way behind the rest of the fit. As far as I recall, you have some nice pairs in your collection and you definitely can find something better suited for this suit.

Any recommendations?

I must admit that I am not a fan of silk pocketsquares - I prefer pure linen or linen blend (with wool or silk) ones. I think they are easier to fold and tend to fill the pocket better. I also feel like something less shiny than some pure silk pocketsquares works in general for wider variety of outfits. But that's just my two cents. As far as buying a pocketsquare, I can recommend a local brand - Poszetka. If you don't mind buying stuff online, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with quality of their products.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the top half, however the shoes are way behind the rest of the fit. As far as I recall, you have some nice pairs in your collection and you definitely can find something better suited for this suit.

I must admit that I am not a fan of silk pocketsquares - I prefer pure linen or linen blend (with wool or silk) ones. I think they are easier to fold and tend to fill the pocket better. I also feel like something less shiny than some pure silk pocketsquares works in general for wider variety of outfits. But that's just my two cents. As far as buying a pocketsquare, I can recommend a local brand - Poszetka. If you don't mind buying stuff online, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with quality of their products.

The shoes were definitely the weak point. Failed experiment in the hurry of getting out the door in the morning. I still have something of a mental block wearing black shoes with that suit, even though folks on here seem to think they work. Some weekend afternoon I might have to just throw the trousers on and get pictures with every bloody pair of shoes I own and post them here to let y'all advise on what looks best.

As always I really appreciate the feedback, very helpful! This thread has done wonders for me. Amazing inspiration and a useful disciplinary mechanism for my sartorial lapses. Nothing keeps your feet on the ground like a no-thumb day :)

I'll check out Poszetka!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree regarding the shoes, assuming we are talking about the Friday fit. However, i don't think black is necessary, though I do think they would suit the suit quite nicely. Darker brown or deep burgundy/oxblood would pair tremendously well, in my estimation.

Also, that tie is excellent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads