• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wedding flow. Trying to blend in.

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bry2000 Thanks--about 90% of my trousers have a small break, and it's become my preference.

@Caustic Man Thanks and I absolutely agree--especially when we're talking unconstructed shoulders. That little bit of extension goes a long way.

@An Acute Style I know it bores you, but you do soporific dress very well. Great look.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p6160175-jpg.799144

Tie is from @edmorel's latest batch. Of the three generations of madder-like ties I've tried from him, I find this iteration to be my favorite by far.

For all those engaging recently in debate about subjective vs. objective measures of excellence in men's classic dress, please observe the above photo. It embodies objective excellence. Perfect fit, perfect proportions, great use of colour and balance.

It's easy to be "directional". Much, much more difficult to be directionless. Helden pulls it off with panache.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@blekit Quick shout out - you came hear, took "too short, too tight" and "take away one bold item" critiques well, adopted some changes, and your fits look much better as a result. Nice work.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nyttlinne-01.jpg
Nyttlinne-02.jpg
Nyttlinne-03.jpg
Nyttlinne-05.jpg

Suit: Canali
Shirt: Finamore
Tie: Drake's
PS: Cucinelli
Shoes: Allen Edmonds

BlairW

Reaction score
Some interesting comments here lads. Some helpful some not so much. I agree that the whole point of tailoring is to enhance your assets and to shift the focus from your not so great features - in my case gigantic feet. It's worthwhile noting that photos from an iPhone 6 perched on a door handle (in my case) don't always tell the full story either.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all those engaging recently in debate about subjective vs. objective measures of excellence in men's classic dress, please observe the above photo. It embodies objective excellence. Perfect fit, perfect proportions, great use of colour and balance.

It's easy to be "directional". Much, much more difficult to be directionless. Helden pulls it off with panache.

Wow, Coxsackie--thank you very much for the kind words. Very much appreciated coming from you.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed drinks and dinner last night with my parents to celebrate Dad's birthday/Father's Day.

IMG_6159.JPG

Canali Kei (thrifted)
BB OCBD
Seersucker from Haberdash's close out sale
BB x Alden shell (thrifted)
Drake's square

doomx

Reaction score
I didn't want to wear grey trousers this time.
ZM8lLRQ.jpg

Although I really like the color combination between he pants and the jacket (especially since it is off the beaten path), the tie and shirt coloring throws me off. I think a tie in rust or maybe even gray would work better. And I think shoes in burgundy calf or dark brown suede (loafers?) would also work better, but this is wildly subjective because I personally cannot stand walnut lace ups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads