• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchase the tie? I've been looking for a stripped navy/maroon repp tie just like that - thanks!
Where did you purchase the tie? I've been looking for a stripped navy/maroon repp tie just like that - thanks!
Don't know the brand in question, but check out Cappelli and Hober. Both certainly have it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Same colors as yesterday. Madras pants.

View attachment 786281

View attachment 786282

I am struggling to integrate these two pictures into one outfit... :)

A few vid samples. Pls visit and subscribe to "OkeyBespoke" on YouTube

If you're going to spend the time to make these, you need more light and a lens that doesn't look like a Hype Williams video. You could consider standing at the top of the stairs in the natural light and setting up a camera with a longer lens on the opposite side of your living room (sitting room? lounge?).

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Tibor and I at the place where the city of Los Angeles was founded on September 4th, 1781.

P1090627 2.jpg

I am wearing a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suit from the late sixties-early seventies, OCBD shirt, BB#1 repp tie, and Irish linen pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ask me (and you haven't) the problem for @Hal Freeman (and to a lesser extent, @blekit ) is the fit. Clearly Hal is wearing an orphaned suit jacket, and that's a problem to a degree, however everything is so poorly fitting that it ruins any nonchalant panache wearing such a thing might otherwise posses. FWIW, I like cotton trousers with wool jackets. It's a very American Trad look that, when done well, has a casual disjointed-ness that can look very good. Especially when the trousers are a little wrinkled, or look like they are losing their crease.

As a critique of this critique: A comment like 'everything is so poorly fitting' is completely useless without some kind of follow-up. If you see fit problems, I'm sure both @Hal Freeman and @blekit would be appreciative if you pointed to them specifically. Honest criticism is a hell of a lot more useful than thumbs, in my opinion.

Of course, if your goal here is just to be, like, totally caustic, man, then that's fine too. But that strikes me as kind of asinine.

Last edited:

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am struggling to integrate these two pictures into one outfit... :)

If you're going to spend the time to make these, you need more light and a lens that doesn't look like a Hype Williams video. You could consider standing at the top of the stairs in the natural and setting up a camera with a longer lens on the opposite side of your living room (sitting room? lounge?).

Agreed Sugarbutch. The (YouTube Channel) is all a work in progress so will definitely take your advice.

Thank you

Alan Bee

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that you want to promote your channel, but this is not really the appropriate place. I would suggest posting photos of your fits instead and linking to your channel in your signature.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is overcast and dreary today here in NYC, with threat of some rain, and I've indulged myself in wearing a few things that I've had for a long time - today's tie is well over 20 years old, and the pocket square was the first one I ever bought, just after moving to NYC, some 37+ years ago. One can tell one is old when one is old when one's closet is full of "vintage" items, and one was the original purchaser when they were new . . .

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Thomas Pink
Tie - Ferragamo
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
PS - Ashear
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_4275 (754x1280).jpg

IMG_4270 (1030x1280).jpg
IMG_4272 (892x1280).jpg
IMG_4273 (802x1280).jpg
IMG_4274 (535x1280).jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another overcast and rainy day here. Looking forward to upcoming holiday weekend! Can also hopefully stop using selfies once work travel for me and wifey slows down.

Suit: Paul Stuart
Tie: Etro
Shirt: Ledbury (I'm not replacing my BB dress shirts as they age out. I hate the non-iron fabric as it doesn't breath and is frankly not very comfortable)

FullSizeRender1.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.