• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Roy Al I can't get over just how high you go with your pants. It's fantastic
nod[1].gif

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess not, @Mr Knightley
Tom have tried to launch his on-line MTM, but as far as I understand there has been some problems in production, and he is rather trying his in house MTM, offering three different levels of quality and price. From none to much handmade in the suit.

I also went to visit Richard Anderson, and they are probably as good as they come. Spoke to nice person. But I didn't get the feel for them. They have RTW, MTM and bespoke. No flaps on the house style jackets. Nice to see they actually work back stage in the shop; both sewing and pressing.

Shop in Savile Row, with RTW.

Tweed made for RA.

Me trying on bespoke jacket - made for other client.

Chiltern Street shop.

Inside with Karl Mattews.

Looking for lining to go with the new suit. Went for an other one.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The King And I.

If you've ever been here, you know how cold and often windy it is here early in the morning this time of year (particularly if you are old and don't weigh very much).

Capas cap, Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, Tattersall vest, and BB#1 stripe tie, Johnstons Of Elgin scarf, L L Bean yellow OCBD shirt, exploding generic pocket square, Hebden Cord cavalry twill trousers (showing the effect of losing weight), and Bass saddle shoes.

Piece-Of-A-Person Picture taken inside (where it was warmer) early this morning and showing my watch (Hamilton 992B Railway Special) which seldom shows in my pictures.

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Brown in town

Suit is a... SuitSupply, as usual. @An Acute Style I own 14 of them, out of 20 suits or jackets. They are mostly from the Lazio and Hudson cuts.
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie: Café Coton
Shoes: Meermin

Gruff

Reaction score

I posted about this awhile back, but it's time to get real: that Fedora is a train wreck on you. You look like a little boy wearing his dad's hat. I mean it's just Dark Helmet levels of huge on your head.

Other posters here pull it off very well but you need to let it go. Everytime I see that hat it just dicks up the flow of all these otherwise great fits.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's here to stay permanently Gruff and this fedora is my best fitting garment. If you don't like that is fine. Stop derailing the thread.

Last edited:

doomx

Reaction score
@clarinetplayer love the Barbour over sports coat look. Rocked that quite a bit this year but currently too warm for it for me.

Gruff

Reaction score

It's here to stay permanently Gruff and this fedora is my best fitting garment. If you don't like that is fine. Stop derailing the thread.

Suit yourself, but I can confidently tell you it doesn't fit. That hat is the only thing that derails this thread, BTW. Enjoy.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few random images from the 1930's (from which I believe @Tibor takes his inspiration):

1930s-mens-suits-fashion.jpg

9d363c06fa221d1aa98b20a599d577d3.jpg

1930s-Mens-Fashions-1933-Unemployment-Line-New-York-City.jpg

Suggests to me though hats were worn tall, they weren't quite as tall as Tibor's.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not take inspiration from those hats. I take inspiration from more elegant and formal fedoras of the Era which were much taller.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads