• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is to be cold this morning, but warm up a bit by the afternoon. Still, a three-piece suit and cashmere overcoat are called for.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Canali
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The St. Petersburg Collection, London
PS - no name brand
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horsin around.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wigglr I'm really digging your recent Formosa stuff. I can't judge from your photos, perhaps due to the slightly from-above angle, the precise length of your jackets. I bring this up not as a rhetorical critique (everything looks great), but because I recently acquired a Formosa SC and it's a bit longer than the other stuff I normally wear.

My question is: do those recent fits of yours run a bit longer than some of your other jackets? Where do your jackets, when buttoned, correspond to your thumbs (I know body types/proportions matter greatly in this context, but I'm just trying to get some basic point of reference...)

Mine looks balanced on its own, so I don't want to shorten it If I don't have to, but it's on the long side of the spectrum and I'm trying to figure if it's by aesthetic design and I just need to get used to it, or if I'm just too short for the jacket as is.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I'm new at the complete process so I'm just trying to make it all in. Mostly casual at the office here too so trying to work it in that style. Cowboy boots in the past but working on it. :)

**** the naysayers....IMHO it was one of the best fits in the past few weeks. well done.

colco

Reaction score
Observing a cockatoo (my cockatoo) in someone's pocket is saying precisely nothing about the relative merit of the incorporation of toy cockatoos into fine menswear, which, admittedly, deserves extensive exploration.
I would have just told them all to lighten the **** up.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Observing a cockatoo (my cockatoo) in someone's pocket is saying precisely nothing about the relative merit of the incorporation of toy cockatoos into fine menswear, which, admittedly, deserves extensive exploration.

how do we feel about other large birds? possibly my african grey? or maybe a cockatiel?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do we feel about other large birds? possibly my african grey? or maybe a cockatiel?

How large a bird did you have in mind? What about four patterns (solids, stripes, checks, and polka dots) and a large bird?

(Picture taken in June 2013 so it's not what I am wearing today.)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

SYCSYC

Reaction score
@SYCSYC I don't know why sir, but you have this uncanny ability to make different colours pair well. Is the shirt a faint green? Never would have thought of pairing a tie like that with a suit like that until now. Also, your pocket square look impeccably sharp! What is your secret??

Hal

Thank you. No secrets in here, I learned almost everything on the forum :)
If you were talking about the PS, I just iron the coton ones sometimes.

What I wore yesterday:

SuitSupply
Charles Tyrwhitt
Charles Tyrwhitt
Meermin

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Bottom colors are accurate. Never again with I buy a soft spread collar....not a fan.

Great to see my buddy @in stitches popping in here again. @sebastian mcfox, that's an awesome picture and outfit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads