• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shrews824

Reaction score
Just learning a bit about style. Sorry, if it's a little rudimentary, but I've been enjoying trying at least. There are definitely some sharp dressing gents on here that I could learn a lot from that's for sure.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Decided to take a page from @GusW book. Swapped out the sport coat for this SNS

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just learning a bit about style. Sorry, if it's a little rudimentary, but I've been enjoying trying at least. There are definitely some sharp dressing gents on here that I could learn a lot from that's for sure.
Not a bad start. In this case I'd recommend dropping the tie altogether and changing the white OCBD to a blue one - at that point you have yourself a totally reasonable casual fit. It's pretty rare that you'll need a tie without a suit/odd jacket. In case you haven't found it, here is the casual thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/253842/waywrn-classic-menswear-casual-style Welcome!

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the color on that Stark @justinkapur - I got one too during the black friday sales but more of a mid-blue. Seemed hard to find navy on sale anywhere but probably have enough navy anyway. If anything I'd say the pants now feel too formal for the rest (maybe just because of the larger cuffs) but I like the fit.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're killing it moss

shrews824

Reaction score
Not a bad start. In this case I'd recommend dropping the tie altogether and changing the white OCBD to a blue one - at that point you have yourself a totally reasonable casual fit. It's pretty rare that you'll need a tie without a suit/odd jacket.

In case you haven't found it, here is the casual thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/253842/waywrn-classic-menswear-casual-style

Welcome!

Awesome. Thanks so much for the constructive criticism. I really appreciate it. Again, there is much I can learn here, so.... Thanks for the link as well.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! Is this from kolecho's recent run? I had NMWA x. Formosa make it up. Sitting in my closet for warm weather and now really looking forward to it.
Yup, that's the one. I didn't appreciate the depth of the fabric until it was made up, there's some beautiful bi-colour mottling going on. I tried to capture it in the close up I took.

I'm sure Formosa did a killer job!

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really like the color on that Stark @justinkapur - I got one too during the black friday sales but more of a mid-blue. Seemed hard to find navy on sale anywhere but probably have enough navy anyway. If anything I'd say the pants now feel too formal for the rest (maybe just because of the larger cuffs) but I like the fit.

I totally agree. I wanted to try it out and see what I thought about it. I think either the boots need to be changed or the pants. I usually wear jeans and chinos but my wool trousers were getting lonely in the closet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads