• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.  Suit is WW Chan, but it wasn't made for me--I'm just the lucky beneficiary of being about the same size as a couple of other Styleforum guys.  

You really hit the jackpot. I swear it's the first time I have ever seen you in a full suit, and you go Full Three-Piece. :slayer:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. I have a huge head, and the crop isn't doing me any favors on that score.

Way too nit-picky. Enjoy the great outfit.

(I'll let you know the day I start taking my own advice and becoming less nit-picky about my own stuff. I'm basically OCD.)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In college, I once crashed a Mardi Gras parade shirtless in a vinyl Bill Clinton mask. Walked in it for an amount of time I can't recall. I think over the course of several days, a number of my friends wore the mask, and by the time we departed New Orleans, it was so disgusting we left it behind.

However, had it not been disgusting and had I not left it behind, I think it would have been wonderful to have been doing years of WAYWRN posts in a vinyl Bill Clinton mask.

MenswearClinton

God. Damn it.

Such a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Contango

Reaction score

I find the quality of Septieme Largeur most acceptable - not quite Crockett & Jones, but certainly a good value for the money. I will say that, for my feet, their 199 last (on which most of their dress shoes are made) runs a bit narrow - I sized up from a UK 8.5 to a 9 for the one pair I have on the 199 last. The 224 last is more forgiving - I'm an 8.5 UK on that last. I also bought my two pairs of them for the styling, which is different enough from the usual Anglo-American offerings to make them interesting, but I had the advantage of buying them in Paris from the shop on the Left Bank.

Thank you very much! I'll take the plunge now that I have reputable confirmation :) I've got narrow feet, which is another reason I'm interested in them, for the 199 last.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First tweed of the season

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Russell Square, London yesterday on a beautiful early autumn day to run an event for my client. The wonderful 1960's Barbarella bar was where we lunched:

Details and feet:

Blazer and POW trou - bespoke
Shirt - Hawes and Curtis
Tie and PS - TM Lewin
Socks - Missoni
Shoes - Poste Azzurri

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Is that the Hotel Russell that you were at, Mr. Knightley? It has changed greatly since my last visit there.

It's Thursday, and permanently overcast for the day, it seems. I've got a members' "do" at the Met Museum this evening, and I've also been given the responsibility of organizing the Friday Challenge this week, for which the theme is "blue and green", hence today's color choices.

Suit & tie - Tyrwhitt
Shirt & PS - BB
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Boots - Cheaney

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Is that the Hotel Russell that you were at, Mr. Knightley? It has changed greatly since my last visit there.

It's Thursday, and permanently overcast for the day, it seems. I've got a members' "do" at the Met Museum this evening, and I've also been given the responsibility of organizing the Friday Challenge this week, for which the theme is "blue and green", hence today's color choices.

Suit & tie - Tyrwhitt
Shirt & PS - BB
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Boots - Cheaney

It is actually the Imperial Hotel just up the road, which in some ways is stuck in a 1960's time-warp (in a good way)!

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Donegal for the fall. Cool choice on red buttons as well.
fing02%5B1%5D.gif
Taking a page out of Prince Chuck's playbook with the sock repair:

For those who might be wondering what the rest of the suit looks like.

The Prince Of Wales has just asked his friend to exterminate anyone who mentions wrinkles, trouser lengths, or who makes bizarre comments but never posts pictures of themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads