• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 the waistcoat in full view is even better than your ig led me to believe. Great stuff.

Edit: swap the jacket/pants for a mid grey flannel 3 piece, and I think that would be the perfect outfit. I would literally wear that from today until the day I die
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect late summer day for one last outing for this before fall.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 the waistcoat in full view is even better than your ig led me to believe. Great stuff.

Edit: swap the jacket/pants for a mid grey flannel 3 piece, and I think that would be the perfect outfit. I would literally wear that from today until the day I die
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks!

The waistcoat is actually a second waistcoat I had made to go with a heathered navy flannel 3-piece suit I had made up last year. I thought a contrasting double-breasted waistcoat in the dove grey would be a nice alternative look. With the suit, I find I like that for wear in the evening.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

The waistcoat is actually a second waistcoat I had made to go with a heathered navy flannel 3-piece suit I had made up last year. I thought a contrasting double-breasted waistcoat in the dove grey would be a nice alternative look. With the suit, I find I like that for wear in the evening.
Definitely cannot go wrong with the look described. I just have a soft spot for lighter/pale grey flannel. Seeing it in a three piece with an eminently classic tie (like the Hober you have on) is a top notch look in my book.

Gavinband

Reaction score
Morning gents,

Weather is still decent in London! Ignore the pull at waist, standing at an odd angle, the suit is far from tight! Shoes are on the light side, but breaking in my new Vass gold museum calf.

suit: full bespoke Whitcom & Shaftesbury London
tie: Olive neat from Berg & Berg
square: burgundy with olive floral pattern Hober
shoes: Vass gold museum calf plain OE II F last.

Last edited:

AlexRamius

Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Morning gents, Weather is still decent in London! Ignore the pull at waist, standing at an odd angle, the suit is far from tight! Shoes are on the light side, but breaking in my new Vass gold museum calf.
suit: full bespoke Whitcom & Shaftesbury London tie: Olive neat from Berg & Berg square: burgundy with olive floral pattern Hober shoes: Vass gold museum calf plain OE II F last.
Very nice, only thing that bothers me is the shoe/tie relation. It's been a while since we discussed this, but I think either a lighter tie or darker shoes would be more harmonious. But as I said, that's nitpicking. And braces would take care of the folds at the back of the pants. ;)

Gavinband

Reaction score
Very nice, only thing that bothers me is the shoe/tie relation. It's been a while since we discussed this, but I think either a lighter tie or darker shoes would be more harmonious. But as I said, that's nitpicking. And braces would take care of the folds at the back of the pants.
wink.gif

Thank you, sir! Agree regarding the shoes, but I wanted to wear these and start breaking in today. Typically with this tie I would reach for dark brown museum or oxblood, which is a far more harmonious pairing.

Regarding trousers, I think that is the angle in all honesty (but I suspect we have been chatting about braces through email, or at least I have been with someone at Shibumi :p). My second pair of trousers for this suit is cut for braces, but being altered ever so slightly. Here is how the trousers usually look, although they now have adjusters and the belt loops are gone. (ignore mess/inside odd socks etc haha)

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, sir! Agree regarding the shoes, but I wanted to wear these and start breaking in today. Typically with this tie I would reach for dark brown museum or oxblood, which is a far more harmonious pairing. Regarding trousers, I think that is the angle in all honesty (but I suspect we have been chatting about braces through email, or at least I have been with someone at Shibumi :p). My second pair of trousers for this suit is cut for braces, but being altered ever so slightly. Here is how the trousers usually look, although they now have adjusters and the belt loops are gone. (ignore mess/inside odd socks etc haha)
Hehe yeah, that was me. I see what you mean regarding the trousers and of course there is only so much you can tell from one stationary photo. I think you will find that with braces though, you will have these "problems" less often, as they just keep your pants where they should.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads