• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's barley or maybe wheat? But i'm not an expert and the photo was taken a few weeks ago.
Will order some more ties and pocket squares this week in Como :happy:

If it's Bavaria (did you mention once you're from Bavaria?), it's probably barley. Wheat should be gone by now, I think.
Nice that it's Europe. In 'Murica you'd get shot for taking pictures in other man's property ;)

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's barley or maybe wheat? But i'm not an expert and the photo was taken a few weeks ago.
Will order some more ties and pocket squares this week in Como :happy:

It's barley. Since you are in Bayern I assume it will be used in an excellent local beer, naturally in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot.

And the suit looks great.

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what HIP stands for. SBCO aren't really a dedicated baroque orchestra, it's just a name. They are completely private, without government support or major benefactors - an extraordinary feat in China - and play whatever gigs they can get.

I didn't get the impression that "authentic performance practice" was much of a thing in China while I was there. Hopefully that's changing, if slowly.

Interesting. Given that there are plenty of baroque ensembles in Japan and they are also cropping up in Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore, I'm sure China will follow. Already many excellent classical musicians coming from China. What instrument do you play?

HIP = Historically Informed Performance. A more posh way of saying "period instruments" but it seems to have become the accepted term. Easier to tweet.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me and a cornfield. Fun with flash. :D

Impressive that you got JJ Abrams to do your WAYWN shot.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and a cornfield. Fun with flash.
biggrin.gif

Lot's of comments about the background / "cornfield" etc, but hell, let's not forget what a great outfit this is!!
I think it looks fantastic. And the fit is great.

Markus, that's a linen suit right?

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thumb from me for Markus' fit - both the photography and the clothes are superb. I like the way the horizon is perfectly aligned with his buttoning point!

@DiplomaticTies , I play the cello. Don't actually have a baroque setup, but I did perform all six Bach solo suites at a concert in Shanghai recently, on two modern Chinese-made instruments.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To a family reunion with my 4/2 roll jacket. That's right. Someone added a 4th button hole to this jacket.
facepalm.gif
I need to have the sleeves shortened.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS, prefer the jacket worn open. Nicely coordinated with the other items, though. It's on the Clothes Hobbyist end of the spectrum, but I don't mind some forethought and intention sometimes. The whole "effortless" thing isn't always the way, right/

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AAS, prefer the jacket worn open. Nicely coordinated with the other items, though. It's on the Clothes Hobbyist end of the spectrum, but I don't mind some forethought and intention sometimes. The whole "effortless" thing isn't always the way, right/
I'll mostly wear it open. Thanks. I definitely could have gone without the flower.

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
Good evening gentlemen,

Mid-grey POW suit. Wish the white collar on the shirt was more visible though as well as a lower button stance on the jacket. I am wearing braces as well under the waistcoat. Shoes are black derby boots. Propped my cell to take some photos with it's timer, so atleast it might be marginally better than my previous posts..Trousers need a good press as well..

Texture and Footwear:

With many thanks,

Hal

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads