• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Not feeling that Miller's Oath sport coat. Maybe it's the photo, but the jacket feels as if it wants to fall off your shoulders. Body of the jacket seems shapeless. May be some waist suppression could help.

Interlining is composed of floating canvas with a tiny bit of flannel so indeed very soft a bit shapeless. Most other garments I wear also have horsehair so a lot more shape there. Though shape also comes from the wearer's body so one needs a nice waist to boast a nice waist ;) As for the shoulders, I have to agree, we decreased the padding and this time they don't work so well for me...
BTW it's Miler with a single L ;)

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interlining is composed of floating canvas with a tiny bit of flannel so indeed very soft a bit shapeless. Most other garments I wear also have horsehair so a lot more shape there. Though shape also comes from the wearer's body so one needs a nice waist to boast a nice waist ;) As for the shoulders, I have to agree, we decreased the padding and this time they don't work so well for me... 
BTW it's Miler with a single L ;)

His comment was directed towards Justin's Miller's (Kirk Miller) Oath jacket, Tom....long after Justin posted and without a quote so that's probably the cause of the confusion.

FWIW, I assume the appearance of Justin's jacket is due to his terrible photo skills :).

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His comment was directed towards Justin's Miller's (Kirk Miller) Oath jacket, Tom....long after Justin posted and without a quote so that's probably the cause of the confusion.

FWIW, I assume the appearance of Justin's jacket is due to his terrible photo skills :).

Yes please blame my photo skills that are being experimented on. Although I do think this jacket does need a slight nipping at the waist which I have reached out to Kirk about.

Tom Miler

Reaction score

FWIW, I assume the appearance of Justin's jacket is due to his terrible photo skills
smile.gif

Haha well I guess that proved me oversensitive <shy> BUT I honestly have to say that I felt true respect for @bry2000 for being able to spot really minor tailoring details - his comment was spot on for my suit ;)

PanTadeusz

Reaction score

Now that combo is a bit busy but I like it anyway :D Meet my new mohair suit made of vintage Scabal coupon. It is not as light as the Reed & Tailor kid mohair DB I showed a few days ago but the it still gives a lot of comfort when worn in high temperatures. I also wear a salmon shirt, which might be slightly inspired by Boardwalk Empire ;) I thought the color would be much more difficult to wear but it seems that when framed by proper color combination, it is not nearly as extravagant as I though it would be. The tie is quite busy but I think that this kind of big patterns and ornaments are coming back and soon we will see more :) Well... at least I bought some more fabrics like that for Miler Menswear. Of course contrasting horn buttons are a must in the summer ;) [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
That salmon shirt and that suit go together like Siamese twins. Very nice looking combo!

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Contemplating why it's almost impossible to get a decent cup of coffee in Geneva. Personally, I blame George Clooney whose ads for Nescafe have done unspeakable harm.

SC: Lander Urquijo
Shirt: Bespoke
Tie: Marinella
PS: Cucinelli
Cufflinks: Vasa Museum

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Self-critique: This tie is internally inconsistent. The black stripe is too formal for a shantung. Maybe it should only be worn with a tan linen suit, which I don't have and don't want to wear. So strong possibility that the tie is too casual for the suit. But I thought the end result looked nice so I went with it.

Last edited:

Epicure

Reaction score
Contemplating why it's almost impossible to get a decent cup of coffee in Geneva. Personally, I blame George Clooney whose ads for Nescafe have done unspeakable harm.
I seriously hope they are not selling coffees made for a pod machine!?

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I seriously hope they are not selling coffees made for a pod machine!?

Surprisingly many places do in this town. Or use the Nescafé automatic machines. There are a few traditional Italian places that have decent coffee and a few Melbourne-style coffee shops, but generally the coffee is poor in Geneva.

Epicure

Reaction score
Surprisingly many places do in this town. Or use the Nescafé automatic machines. There are a few traditional Italian places that have decent coffee and a few Melbourne-style coffee shops, but generally the coffee is poor in Geneva.

By principle, I'm not sure I could pay for such a coffee. I'm in a sartorial backwater, but at least there are enough hipsters in this city to ensure a good coffee is never more than a stone's throw away. I think if I was forced into a situation of paying for automatic machine coffee, and there was complete lack of a properly-made alternative, I'd have to boycott coffee shops. Although inconvenient, it would be preferable by principle alone to tote a daily Thermos filled with coffee brewed at home. Of course, I'm being slightly ridiculous and bordering on a rant, but IMO, the whole point of paying for a coffee is that paying should get you a coffee that is hand-crafted with some love, not one spat out of an automated machine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads