• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheoProf
Happy for the weight loss.
A wider shirt collar is better for you that the pointed BD you often use.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going through some old photos and came across one from 2011 taken prior to my interest in forums like these. Not only did I have no sense of style, but I had no interest in it. In December of 2012, I joined AAAC and began lurking on Styleforum (I was too scared to post here). I began making changes to the way I dressed and learning the basics. In January 2014, I began to make major lifestyle changes that resulted in the loss of 90 pounds. Anyway, had it not been for threads like this, I don't believe I'd ever had made the necessary changes for my health not developed a personal sense of style. I just wanted to let you guys know that I owe much to watching your contributions to this site over the years. Cheers, Ben
B6AE7C0F-19BD-41E4-A102-62BC827F1A36_zpsdismlv09.jpg

Another note of congratulations! That must have been quite the challenge, and I commend you for it.

FWIW like @Roy Al I also think you look better with wider collars as opposed to the relatively compact BD you're wearing in the photo you provide. I have what I think is a fairly similar face (narrow-ish and tall) and I wear cutaways/spreads or large BDs, like Mercer's. And if you do like OCBDs or button down collars on dress shirts, I highly recommend Mercer.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ love that

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the pocket square, but otherwise I like it

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Visual proof Crusty, if ever more were needed, that facial hair is the work of the devil. Six years on and you look much YOUNGER without! In every case I'm aware of, when someone has removed their face fungus it has caused a marked improvement in their appearance!

It takes experience with facial hair to know when to give it up. When my goatee went too grey, I knew it was time for it to go.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah but that was more than 10 years ago. 

Wow, time flies by fast. I still think of that as a recent movie. I'm in the non goatee camp though, I think your current look is a great one @upr_crust.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen and crunchy silk for a hot day.

Jacket: Bespoke Hemrajani
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: Chipp2
Square: Drake's
Trousers: Bespoke Hemrajani from Holland and Sherry linen
Shoes: Carmina

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads