• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@groovingrover

You don't look bad at all. I'm not a fan of that vest and I think the whole fit would look better without it, but you have made decent style choices otherwise. I like the brown tie with the blue suit. The jacket appears to fit reasonably well as does the shirt collar. A solid start IMO,though there is plenty of room to improve.

deacon-hh

Reaction score
Today

d03df537abb2ee849ae8f4958d717d7b.jpg

bb49a9d95b9a19e38d33bf11e5095457.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Graduation season!

Sport Coat: Canali Exclusive
Tie: Zegna
Shirt and PS: Brooks

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It has become the time of year when I tell slub-haters to avert their eyes.

My wine shantung with dots is better than yours because mine is both shantung and grenadine, which is #menswear[sup]2[/sup]

Also, @sugarbutch, I now have two dot ties because of your continued insistence on wearing them until I ceased not liking them. But they're both slubby, so still :devil:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My wine shantung with dots is better than yours because mine is both shantung and grenadine, which is #menswear2
It needs to be seven-fold, handrolled and unlined, made bespoke in Napoli and delivered late to the annoyance of all involved parties. Only then will you have maximized #menswear.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It needs to be seven-fold, handrolled and unlined, made bespoke in Napoli and delivered late to the annoyance of all involved parties. Only then will you have maximized #menswear.

And only after the artisan tie maker has called you an egghead and threatened to sue you for complaining online about his work.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Trigger Warning:Rolled Buttonholes)

Sitting around in the Malibu Lumber Yard waiting for my friend to get though looking at shoes.

Brooks Brothers camel hair jacket, sweater vest, and pink OCBD shirt, Lands' End tie, Robert Talbott pocket square, Orvis trousers, Gold Toe socks, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

The piece of a person picture plus pizza and prosecco and Tra Di Noi in the Malibu Country Mart. (Yes, my friend puts ice cubes in her prosecco.)

For those who might be wondering, I ate my pizza with my fingers (I'm from California) and my fried ate hers with a knife and fork (she's from Palm Beach).

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Off topic

Re: trigger warnings

I didn't really get what they were, though I knew enough about the internet to know they weren't as big a deal as what the internet makes them out to be, or why they are necessary until last month. I'm helping on a study which is pretty far afield from what I research; a series of questions measured blatant prejudicial attitudes towards African-Americans. There were several black students taking the survey, though the vast majority of the subjects were white. A black woman later reported feeling very uncomfortable knowing that the white people around her were potentially expressing racist views, albeit anonymously, towards her race. This led to an anxiety attack due to a recent racist experience (I won't go into detail, suffice to say her PTSD is justified).

I don't know how IRB let this possibility slip past unnoticed, but we've revised our protocols and added a trigger warning.

In this case, they can not participate. But from what I understand of trigger warnings, their infrequent use is not to warm students so that they may leave but to allow them time to mentally prepare for possible "triggering" material.

There are a lot of ex-military at my school. Many suffer from PTSD. I'd not call them pussies for wanting some warning before analyzing and discussing this image, for example

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic

Re: trigger warnings

I didn't really get what they were, though I knew enough about the internet to know they weren't as big a deal as what the internet makes them out to be, or why they are necessary until last month. I'm helping on a study which is pretty far afield from what I research; a series of questions measured blatant prejudicial attitudes towards African-Americans. There were several black students taking the survey, though the vast majority of the subjects were white. A black woman later reported feeling very uncomfortable knowing that the white people around her were potentially expressing racist views, albeit anonymously, towards her race. This led to an anxiety attack due to a recent racist experience (I won't go into detail, suffice to say her PTSD is justified).

I don't know how IRB let this possibility slip past unnoticed, but we've revised our protocols and added a trigger warning.

In this case, they can not participate. But from what I understand of trigger warnings, their infrequent use is not to warm students so that they may leave but to allow them time to mentally prepare for possible "triggering" material.

There are a lot of ex-military at my school. Many suffer from PTSD. I'd not call them pussies for wanting some warning before analyzing and discussing this image, for example
As someone who does not have PTSD, I'd still like some warning before viewing this image on a thread about menswear.
frown.gif

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who's been to afghanistan twice, I think when seeing people talk about anonymous surveys (and the vastly irrational fear that someone would be racist because they're white--A RACIST OPINION IN AND OF ITSELF) somehow causing massive PTSD attacks, that's my cue to GTFO.

It's been fun, but (please pardon my french) just what in the actual **** is going on here? This is a thread about what people wore today, and we're talking about racists who think others are being racist toward them simply because they happen to be white, and that causes them to have "PTSD" attacks?

Give me a ******* break. This is why so many veterans can't stand to be around civilians.....apologies for anyone I may have "triggered" with my harsh words. Tell your doctor the PTSD is all the big bad meanie on the internet's fault, or something......

Carry on gents. I'll be in the AE thread, where this kind of weenie-tastic fuckery doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads