• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
2 Day Course

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fascinating entries on the previous page.

@AlexRamius , you have a strong personal style which references what I would call a "Northern European" aesthetic - not really SF-friendly, not quite Pitti Uomo either. But I like what you're doing. Keep'em coming!

@deacon-hh , this is one of the better fits I've seen from you. Not adventurous, but well thought out, and faultless in its attention to detail. Well done.

@Pliny , I just wish we could one day be treated to a VictorSFreturn-quality photoessay of one of your fits. Thumb-count records would be broken.

@Dennis Walter , adventurous combinations as always. Pink with brown doesn't quite do it for me. The second fit is so close to perfection though. Just the socks threw it off. But fantastic anyway. Do you ever wear a suit twice?

Last edited:

AlexRamius

Reaction score

Some fascinating entries on the previous page.

@AlexRamius
 , you have a strong personal style which references what I would call a "Northern European" aesthetic - not really SF-friendly, not quite Pitti Uomo either. But I like what you're doing. Keep'em coming!

Well, thx!
Having a personal style is something i value! I'm not sure how to define it, but i'm having fun with it, and i think that's what matter! :)

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today.
75a262a5ff25a8d056a339a5eda93fa6.jpg
* jacket and pants from Suitsupply * Tyrwhitt shirt * silk tie and linen pocketsquare from Poszetka * Yanko boots
eae359f3579ff9943e92b1bf8c8e3206.jpg
eb44c216a1578aef218e7a67373f16ac.jpg
7974e6542fb90be5e567769e55a5e739.jpg
I wasn't sure about the accessories but decided to give this combination a go and ask for feedback. Are the tie and shirt clashing - in theory green and pink should work but I kind of wish the former was in slightly darker shade. And is the texture and shade (IRL pocketsquare is lighter than the tie) difference between tie and ps enough for them not to be too matchy-matchy? Looking forward to hearing your opinions.
The shirt in itself I wouödn't wear, the microstructure is just too busy. Pink can look great, but only a fresh, clear pink imo.
Some lovely fits over the past pages, guys. Thumbs up! My crappy pics don´t do these beauties justice...the first fabric is from Solbiati, a lightweight tobacco brown linen. The second one is from Ariston´s latest summer bunch, it only weighs 210g, which makes it the perfect summer suit imho.
Suits are from sosr I suppose?
2 Day Course
Very basic, very nice. Only personal nitpick: I know many people say you can wear a white square with everything and of course you can; personally, I wear them only if some part of my shirt is also white (like in a white/light blue stripe). Otherwise, the square sometimes stands out too much as the only stark white item. Edit: hm, your shirt has just that. Hm. The square still stands out too much I think.

Last edited:

CJMichaelRay

Reaction score

Some lovely fits over the past pages, guys. Thumbs up! My crappy pics don´t do these beauties justice...the first fabric is from Solbiati, a lightweight tobacco brown linen. The second one is from Ariston´s latest summer bunch, it only weighs 210g, which makes it the perfect summer suit imho.
I feel like the tobacco jacket is really long.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before the internet was invented, people buttoned all the buttons on three button jackets or only buttoned the top button, tucked their sweaters into their trousers, wore black shoes (or boots) with almost everything, put their hands in their pockets when having their picture taken, wore their trousers any which way (including loose), and did all sorts of other wonderful things.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
After having braces buttons added and belt loops removed, I really feel that the drape of these pants have improved. I'll need to do some research to eliminate the creasing near the crotch, but I'm much happier with these atm. Thanks to Ac and Andy for the comments about my trousers before.

Still struggling with lighting today on the full size photo. Apologies, but I wanted to show the fit of the pants since it is what I've been working on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads