• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You'll note that I didn't say that no such sweater should be worn with a tailored jacket. I said *that* sweater shouldn't be. The examples shown above don't feature the crest in the middle of the sweater; it's on the jacket. And the guys wearing ties don't appear to be wearing those sweaters...

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DiplomaticTies +1 for don't change

@justinkapur looking good. What cloth did u choose for the SC?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@DiplomaticTies
 +1   for don't change

@justinkapur
  looking good.  What cloth did u choose for the SC?

Thanks for all the thumbs guys. I cant wait to see your jacket @Murlsquirl

@Pliny HFW twister if I remember correctly. It was about a 9/10 ounce cloth because I wanted to wear this spring, fall, and winter. This was a remake of my original jacket and it definitely is better. Shoulders are definitely a lot stronger and structured compared to my normal stuff I post here, but I definitely enjoy it.

blekit

Reaction score
Today.

75a262a5ff25a8d056a339a5eda93fa6.jpg

* jacket and pants from Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt shirt
* silk tie and linen pocketsquare from Poszetka
* Yanko boots
eae359f3579ff9943e92b1bf8c8e3206.jpg

eb44c216a1578aef218e7a67373f16ac.jpg

7974e6542fb90be5e567769e55a5e739.jpg

I wasn't sure about the accessories but decided to give this combination a go and ask for feedback. Are the tie and shirt clashing - in theory green and pink should work but I kind of wish the former was in slightly darker shade.

And is the texture and shade (IRL pocketsquare is lighter than the tie) difference between tie and ps enough for them not to be too matchy-matchy? Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Last edited:

AlexRamius

Reaction score

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. More Henry Carter. Suit in Harrison's Oyster.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Some lovely fits over the past pages, guys. Thumbs up!

My crappy pics don´t do these beauties justice...the first fabric is from Solbiati, a lightweight tobacco brown linen.

The second one is from Ariston´s latest summer bunch, it only weighs 210g, which makes it the perfect summer suit imho.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Morning.

nice Andres- What shoos r they? they look a lot like a crazy pair of Vass U-last u- cap Oxfords in red cognac i had made and have rarely worn. look great on u in a Dandy sort of way.

Dennis Walter- styling as usual. Not my taste but u do it well.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meeting colleagues for drinks this evening after work, and even though it continues to be periodically wet in NYC, I've opted for attire better than yesterday's, to be sure.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Wedgwood
PS - Robert Talbott
Vintage watch chain
Braces - BB
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics