• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You almost look trad/ivy here, which is not unimpressive for someone from the continent. Well done.

I'm afraid Zero Mostel is singing "Something appealing, something appalling, something for everyone, a comedy tonight!" Not my cup of tea but I'm actually kind of relieved to see the daring AAS again.

IIRC Walter is English. We English do not consider ourselves from "the" or any other continent!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Andy57 sorry for breaking 11th comandmnent, but I'm afraid I'll remain a sinner when it comes to this one :)

I agree with a comment that the jacket is a little short, but otherwise this is excellent, in my opinion. You look very sharp.

As for the 11th commandment, sadly it would appear to be more honored in the breach in this community.
smile.gif

AlexRamius

Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it Friday yet?

Suit: Bespoke Steed
Shirt: Proper cloth
Tie: Sam Hober
Square: Rubinacci
Shoes: Edward Green
Hat: Brent Black/Panama Hats Of The Pacific
Watch: Rolex Submariner

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A subliminal message directed at those who fail to tie their neckties so that the ends end up even close to the proper length (which I think is called "Spazzatura") and I.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue PPBD shirt, and tie, Squarextraordinaire blue and brown paisley pocket square, Orvis trousers. and Allen Edmonds bourbon Fifth Avenues.......

The ever popular "Piece Of A Person Picture" that also gives away how 5'6" me got my tie to come out (almost) right. If you look closely, you can see that my tie goes around twice (sometimes called an "Albert" knot), which is what I do with ties that are too long.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the "better late than never" school of posting, as much of my morning (starting at 5:45 AM) was taken up with work issues - it seems that all I did all day was yammer on the phone on conference calls - most annoying.

Digging into the archives for something to wear on a warm spring day, I came up with today's suit.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - JAB
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - the gift shop of the Sheraton Palace Hotel, Madrid, 1999
Shoes - C & J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads