• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you CM, your opinion counts always.
But I thank all who like my posts. People tend to not comment my posting that much, which I try to interpret it positive, so it is much appreciated when someone do.

SHS

Reaction score
That's a nice pair of casual shoes. What are they? @sugarbutch

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been part of a wrongful termination lawsuit? Every employee in the U.S. has protections against it, even at-will. If you don't have documentation showing that someone wasn't performing, or part of a synergy termination, or some other cause, then you are open to a discrimination lawsuit. It doesn't matter if you have a contract or not. The employee agreement (which often claims that you can be terminated at any time) and the reality of the law are two different things. Not everyone employee realizes this, but it doesn't make it less true.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this.

As an employer I have much more experience with it...and it is really quite straightforward so long as they are an at-will-employee.

Epicure

Reaction score
On the contrast topic; too much or not much enough? I like this fit with one reservation, which may be a reflection of personal preference rather than being "wrong". My approach would be to avoid colours of pants and tie matching closely. Is this just me, or do others think the same way?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quite nice, but I think the square is a bit too matchy-matchy with the jacket. Something darker, like the tie would have been better imo.

I quite like the square there, but it is well documented that I am a fan of the machy at times.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see. I must have misinterpreted your previous statement then. I take it that even if you are a bit over dressed compared to everyone else that it isn't by that much.

On the other hand, I'm wildly overdressed most all the time.

WhereNext

Reaction score
And there's the problem with grey SC. Great in theory, but hard to match in practice.

I don't have a solid grey SC, but I do have several that are grey. I find different shades of blue (including the oft derided navy) can be good matches. With a plain grey like that, I would not do navy, but lighter shades than that would look good to my mind. I would also concur with some previous posters that a cream-to-tan range of trousers would also probably work quite well.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Telling by the number of thumbs given, you do seem to have appreciated my postings lately. Thanks, gentlemen.
Also: X-Post from the challenge, doing some 1920s british gangster.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics