• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost 100% correct. It's wool/cashmere, burgundy (I guess artificial lighting made it look indeed a bit brownish) Havana from A/W 2014 collection. I haven't seen this model in European outlet so far.

It was available in the US outlet a few months back. I purchased the same suit.

Nice fit
fistbump.gif

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Caustic Man , at first i nearly spilled my coffee over my keyboard

Why so surprised? I never thought you dressed particularly poorly. My only complaint is that you have a tendency to be a bit foppish. Perhaps trying too hard with the "look at me" items (today's red socks and the shoes with the weird cut for instance). However, your clothes fit very well, seem to be of good quality, and you tend to look very good when you tone things down. The old adage "You probably look better than 99% of your peers" really does fit with you. In fact, you look better than a great deal of Style Forum as well.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

Delightful harmony. You are a scientist in the field of menswear.

I have to dissent on the harmony claim, though I strongly agree that Sander is one of the most intelligent and tasteful pushers of the boundaries out there. Puts to shame the clownish fops who seem to dominate Pitti Uomo.

Neverthless, I think the combination of an uber-city shirt--light gray pencil stripe--and uber-country coat--forest green tweed herringbone--doesn't work well. Change the shirt stripe to a more rustic color--light brown, say--and I could back it.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a European sojourn, I am back. Because, as all children know, one must play with one's new toys no matter how seasonally inappropriate (today's suit is spring/summer - even for an El Nino winter, it's pushing it to wear it today), here's the majority of the swag scored on this last trip.

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft - new
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
PS - Robert Talbott
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace - new
Shoes - C & J, via Ede & Ravenscroft
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - New & Lingwood - new
Hat - Christy's, via Fortnum & Mason - new

Glad you got back safely and with an impressive haul too!

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to dissent on the harmony claim, though I strongly agree that Sander is one of the most intelligent and tasteful pushers of the boundaries out there. Puts to shame the clownish fops who seem to dominate Pitti Uomo.

Neverthless, I think the combination of an uber-city shirt--light gray pencil stripe--and uber-country coat--forest green tweed herringbone--doesn't work well. Change the shirt stripe to a more rustic color--light brown, say--and I could back it.

Intelligent? That's an accusation I will not stand.

As for the shirt and jacket: it's not very apparent in the photo, but the shirt is a very thick oxford cloth and the jacket is tweed, but definitely on the tamer side, so I think this works.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I grew up in San Diego and never wore tweed. I could in San Francisco today.

Ercole
Borrelli
Yellow Hook Neckies
Drakes

Glad you're posting more frequently on here and on your IG account! Love your style!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hopefully the color of this jacket shows better than the last time

Closeup

Last edited:

ajc2162

Reaction score
Navy blue suit: (OTR – no alterations apart from hemming and shortening sleeves) obtained a few years ago from Sam Disano; now retired
Shirt: Boston
Tie: unknown
Shoes: Brando

Gray jacket: Cambridge (OTR – no alterations apart from sleeves shortened)
Blue Trousers: Cambridge (OTR – no alterations apart from cuffs)
Shirt: Daniel Hechter (OTR)
Tie: unknown
Shoes: Loake

I have just noticed that the iPad makes the jacket and coat look the same colour. You’ll have to take my word for it that there’s a nice contrast between the two. I think my wife has a camera so I’ll see if that is any better.

Hello everybody, I hope it's OK if I join in. I've been reluctant until now because I'm hopeless with cameras; but I happened to bump into Coxsackie the other day and he encouraged me to post my fits.
So here I go - and humble apologies if I've stuffed up the spoilers and everything goes pear-shaped (and if so, it's all Coxy's fault.......). Trust me, I found this really hard to input the first time - so crossed fingers as I press the submit button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads