• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Making no concessions to the unseasonably warm temperatures here of late. It's winter, dammit.

So, I shall solicit feedback: is this tie too green to wear with this jacket. I would most likely have worn the jacket that is part of the brown tweed suit, but it is currently out of service, awaiting a small repair. So I've been wearing the green jacket more often recently. I felt like wearing one of these Massdrop x Panta ties today with this ivory shirt, but is there enough contrast with the jacket?

Jacket, waistcoat, trousers: Bespoke Steed
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: Massdrop x Panta
Square: Drake's
Shoes: Edward Green

Seamless

Reaction score
Nsfsf
Private label rtw
Tm lewin shirt
Spanish shoes
Tie and such

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day with new shirt made for an other suit, but what the heck... soon the light has fought back the darkness and I'll be able to make better pictures - inshallah.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ Andy57 Very English country squire. Wish I could get away with so much tweed at work! Well done.

ReddyMade

Reaction score
Today, my attempt at checks mixing. Any comments highly appreciated.

* suit and waistcoat by Suitsupply
* shirt by Charles Tyrwhitt
* tie and pocketsquare by Poszetka Handcrafted
* shoes by Yanko

If you really wanted to accentuate your waistcoat, then good job, cause that's what is the only thing I can see when I look at your outfit.

Otherwise, maybe a louder tie and shoes with broguing would help tie in the waistcoat? It would especially help if the shoes/tie shares some color with the waistcoat.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coxsackie

I wondered if that was the linen POW from Suitsupply. I saw it on their website last summer and thought it looked great but in person not so much. Now I see your pics and you've sparked my interest again. I notice it's been revived for the Spring Summer stock so on the evidence of your pics I'll have to take a second look! Are you happy with it?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
styling and profiling....how do you like the fabric?

love it! Something for my children's children, and their ... You get the picture.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@Pliny love that fabric. Porter & Harding Glenroyal? If so, how does it wear? It's about 15oz or so if I recall...

@Mr. Six what are the deets on those shoes? Looking excellent.
d
it's London Lounge , based on a design someone spotted in a pic of the Duke of Windsor's wardrobe
shog[1].gif

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

puzzled.gif

Forper - I'm a little confused by your post because it doesn't exactly pertain to the theme of this thread - classic menswear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads