• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Some great fits over the last few pages - especially @Braddock ´s donegal and @Pasteur ´s tweed / checked rig.

Today: greys, blues and browns.

SYCSYC

Reaction score
SYCSYC is in the kitchen.

How is one supposed to feel well-dressed after looking at @Braddock @Pasteur @jcmeyer @Stefan88 and @clarinetplayer outfits displayed on the last two pages?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

edit: adding @upr_crust two posts below at the awesomeness list

Last edited:

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
@Dennis Walter I usually enjoy your fits but the suit/tie/PS combo above is bordering on cartoonish.

The PS is popping too much from the pocket, i give you that. Didn´t really check its position before taking the shot.
facepalm.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Monday after Thanksgiving, and it's colder in NYC - seasonal temperatures, and business-like attire.

Suit & shirt - BBGF
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino Sterling

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my disappointment I noticed that there was a Friday Challenge on turtlenecks just before I joined the forum. But have you had a challenge on knits recently? Have seen quite a few great cardigans and v-necks in the forum recently. Should make for a good challenge.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christmas party time.
The suit is singularly off-the hook! Amazing look overall....but two SF Nitpicks: I would have gone with a thicker, wider tie to balance the shitkicker lapels, and I think this is a fit that really calls for French cuffs. But to all the mere mortals experiencing this at a party, I am sure you stopped traffic. :slayer:

eviltimeban

Reaction score
Quote:
The suit is singularly off-the hook! Amazing look overall....but two SF Nitpicks: I would have gone with a thicker, wider tie to balance the shitkicker lapels, and I think this is a fit that really calls for French cuffs. But to all the mere mortals experiencing this at a party, I am sure you stopped traffic.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Thanks Mr D. I actually purposely went with a smaller, thinner tie to make it fit within those collars. The lapels are so wide anyway that even a thicker tie would be too small!

Hear you about the cuffs, however it was a reasonably informal evening (the dress code was "smart" - most of the men were in suits though) so I figured I'd tone it down slightly and go with the round cuffs. Plus, that was the only shirt I had to hand with collars like that!
wink.gif

cezinho

Reaction score
here is my outfit of today:

Suit is MTM from Lopez aragon
Tie Shibumi
Shirt ?
Shoes Edward green
thank you

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Dennis Walter I usually enjoy your fits but the suit/tie/PS combo above is bordering on cartoonish.
I think it's really just the tie. If you tucked the square and changed out the tie for something a tad more sober, I think it would be awesome.
Today Pal Zelri in Cerutti itravel.

You ever think about wearing a tie with these awesome dark suits?

Tuesday. Fair isle, black watch, herringbone.

GAH! Who makes that coat!?

cezinho

Reaction score
edited above. thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads