• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is actually what I was wearing this time last year - the only reason I am posting it is that it was a picture featured in the online brochure for the event this time around, which was sent to me today!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@upr_crust
  for some reason, I find that your lifestyle pictures always do you more justice than your "posed" ones. But it's not the first time someone tells you this, so I guess that makes my comment somewhat irrelevant! I understand the limitations of taking a picture everyday with the intention of feeding this thread!

By the way, you didn't happen to snap of picture or two of @RogerP
's shoe collection?

I believe the "lifestyle" photos have the advantages of a living photographer (normally, my husband), and mood-enhancing situations (i.e. being on vacation or some place more fun than my living room at an early hour of the morning), so your comments are appreciated, but you understand why the normal forensic photos are of lesser quality.

As for RogerP's shoe collection, I only saw the shoes on his feet (double monks - Vass, most likely, I believe, and quite handsome) - dinner was in downtown Toronto, not at Roger's shoe closet, oddly enough :).

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust for some reason, I find that your lifestyle pictures always do you more justice than your "posed" ones. But it's not the first time someone tells you this, so I guess that makes my comment somewhat irrelevant! I understand the limitations of taking a picture everyday with the intention of feeding this thread!

By the way, you didn't happen to snap of picture or two of @RogerP 's shoe collection?

Each serves a different purpose and I don’t think they can be compared.

Among other things the usual posed outfit pictures (including the ‘robopose’) allow us to look at the outfit the way a tailor would, or as close as possible given a two-dimensional image. If a full shot, it makes it possible to get a sense of the whole gestalt and the way the parts contribute to the whole. In short, it facilitates evaluation.

Lifestyle shots are obviously more entertaining and there’s nothing wrong with that. And sometimes they provide a different angle, or by showing a different posture might reveal other information not otherwise observable in the standard fit pic, such as how a fabric drapes under less artificial conditions. But mostly they're fun.

Obviously the entertainment value of a ‘lifestyle’ shot depends on the lifestyle in question, however. Do you want to see pictures of upr_crust’s lifestyle? Of Roycru's? Yes, you do. Do you want to see pictures of mine? No, you do not.
smile.gif

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think now, I probably do.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Very nice look @Dennis. Love your style

Thanks, @pravda .

Really like this suit, not so much a fan of the shirt with this look, think plain white would have been better

The white shirt might have been the easy solution, but i wanted to do sth different with the blue stripes, @Scbrown

@Roycru
Always enjoy readying your posts.

@Academic2
Creepiest photo of the day.

@Mr. Six and @sebastian mcfox
Damn, you both look damn freaking damn good.

@Dennis Walter
Great looking suit. The next purchase that I am planning is a houndstooth suit. I just haven't found a good place yet.

@sugarbutch
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cheers, @Cao Cao

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sadly, lifestyle pictures require one to have a lifestyle.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dennis - I like what you wear a lot, however having read your explanation, I've thought about it, and looked at a number of your fits where you do this, and decided that in no case is the fit improved by wearing the tie in between the lapels of the DB jacket. In fact, in every case, the fit would be improved by adopting the conventional way of doing things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads