• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday:

SFF:
CW
KW
LX
S&M

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Claghorn

Perfection! Might have to steal that look, sir.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]Conrad Wu, Kent Wang, Luxire, Spier & Mckay (not sure about the spelling of that one), I suppose.

Okay,Darkside beat me to it.

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've mentioned before my reluctance to wear OCBD's with ties, preferring OBSC's. I do own 3 which I wear regularly without neckties (with jeans or shorts, sleeves rolled up). Whenever I looked at pictures of outfits, I preferred non-BD to BD. Out of several hundred pinned images, less than a dozen involve spread collars. I understand their function in a wardrobe. But their use just didn't speak to me. I rewatched Breakfast at Tiffany's the other day. First of all, that **** is racist as all else. But I also really liked the way Paul Varjak (played by George Peppard) wore his OCBD's. Seeing them on a well-dressed (for the most part) moving person is very different that seeing them in a still picture (and while I do see them in real life, I don't think I've ever seen one in an outfit I'd consider particularly good). Anyway, I figured this was a hangup I could get over.
Some stills from the movie:
Holly-Paul-in-Breakfast-at-Tiffany-s-movie-couples-28037218-1280-720.jpg
Surprising lapel roll on lapels that skinny.
tumblr_lgxlvuT4Gl1qaz8d7.jpg
If it weren't for the small gorges, I think that suit could probably be worn today without anyone blinking an eye. @Tirailleur1 (T&C, baby)
bat-2.jpg
Good guys and pretty women could smoke cigs back in the day
breakfast-at-tiffany-s-dont-walk.jpg
He had a sugar mama buying him all those skinny ties
tumblr_nqa9oj0Dc41rbmrhdo2_500.jpg
Only the last two shots are actually OCBDs, no? But I agree, in the right context, OCBD + tie can look great.
#25. Loitering on Martin Place. Meanwhile, Bonnie Prince Charlie was strutting his unbuttoned DB stuff with the Duchess of Bagwife, two blocks away. Do I look like I care?
LL
LL
Formosa - Canali - Henry Carter - Christian Kimber - C&J - Tumi
Enough to mention it at least. :lol:
Yesterday:
SFF: CW KW LX S&M
This is great.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing of great interest for today's attire, but some "lifestyle" photos of myself and RogerP in Toronto - a most enjoyable evening of dinner and conversation Monday evening.

Shots from the afternoon - Museum subway stop, and sculpture outside of the Shangri-la Hotel:

Dinner with Roger, and afterwards - the restaurant Bosk and the public spaces at the Shangri-la.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust for some reason, I find that your lifestyle pictures always do you more justice than your "posed" ones. But it's not the first time someone tells you this, so I guess that makes my comment somewhat irrelevant! I understand the limitations of taking a picture everyday with the intention of feeding this thread!

By the way, you didn't happen to snap of picture or two of @RogerP 's shoe collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads