• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Friday smirk. Have a good weekend, gentlemen.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Worn sometime last week...Sorry for the bad lighting on some of these pictures.. dealing with new cameras and still adjusting to the use of them..Side edit* This is a YSL as well.. but under Tom Fords helm so I guess its a different interpretation on cut from SVB's cut which is older..
Looking good mate!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thumbs and comments, gents. Yesterday's fit was put together in a hurry and yet I immediately had a good feeling about it. It was a winner on the street and at work, and appears even to have graced SF's front page. Cool bananas!

Credit where it's due: two of the pieces were on "maiden voyage". The jacket is Brunello Cucinelli, and was the bargain of the millenium. Cotton, buggy-lined, fitted like a glove off the rack, but had several large stains which looked like they might have occurred during shipping. I pointed them all out to the shop manager, bargained hard, and won the deal. One visit to the dry-cleaners later, it's pretty much as good as new. (You can still see the stains if you know where to look, but they are hardly noticeable now.)

The burgundy Sozzi knit is from @Henry Carter and there are still a few "on sale" right now (in several colours). Jason's stuff is always great and these prices are irresistible, even more so for you lucky Stateside bastards with your strong dollar.

@mcobinad , I liked both versions of your last fit but preferred the green tie. Also the jacket is by no means too large on you. Pents still a little more close-fitting than would be my preference, but I guess this will always be tricky, given your musculature.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

colco

Reaction score
All out Suitsupply (apart from the Meermin double monk brown suede shoes not pictured).

The linen jacket creases more than I would like. I feel it is a fabric that should be blended...

The creasing might also be alleviated by the jacket being a better fit on you...This looks very tight to my eye, sorry bud.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess this could go in the "Show us your Chan" thread as well.
this looks great.

Quote:

I think DBs generally look better cut on the slim side. But then, "slim cut" usually looks better on slim dudes. The pulling there also might be just 'cause he's leaning over. Pictures can't tell everything.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads