• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GMMcL , I remember you saying you've lost a lot of weight recently.

Today's fit is nice but the jacket is looking a tiny bit roomy on you. Maybe time for a trip to your alterations tailor? Consider it a reward for all the hard work it took to lose that extra bulk.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I mean....this is what I imagine Ralph would WANT us to wear to his lil restaurant, right? :happy:

Iphone5 still can't take a decent indoor picture.....wtf
Navy pinstripe suit
Lightweight silk grey+navy Cesare Attolini tie
White spread collar shirt

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kulata : I'm not capable of taking an even mediocre picture, but for the sake of playing along...(heading out to run errands in the city...)

LL

this is terrific imo

Quote:
Wonderful. Just googled Pucci. Would have loved to have met the man who dressed Dino or Mason

Gents who own C&J 348 (Hallam, Tetbury, Highbury etc.)

I had a pair of Tetbury chukkas- the only shoe I've flipped. Can't recall where I bought them, but it was online. In my regular size (UK 9.5) they were really too big, Tried to make them work but eventually decided to cut my losses.
Chukkas r tricky anyway with MC. Need particularly short trew hems.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congratulations on the weight loss.

It was intended, right? I didn't just congratulate you on having lymphoma I hope.

Yes.
But like so many things, it's not quite what you thought it would be, it didn't come when/how you thought it would come, and it's got a grim, dark side you didn't quite expect.

Which, stripped of the drama, maybe really only is to say: I don't look like Hugh Jackman, and Alex Morgan hasn't sent me a love text yet.

Yet.

@GMMcL
, I remember you saying you've lost a lot of weight recently.

Today's fit is nice but the jacket is looking a tiny bit roomy on you. Maybe time for a trip to your alterations tailor? Consider it a reward for all the hard work it took to lose that extra bulk.

I've been trimming my jackets as fast as my sewing machine and/or budget can manage. This one is on the bubble: is it worth my personal time or my wallet?

The jury's still out.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.
But like so many things, it's not quite what you thought it would be, it didn't come when/how you thought it would come, and it's got a grim, dark side you didn't quite expect.

Which, stripped of the drama, maybe really only is to say: I don't look like Hugh Jackman, and Alex Morgan hasn't sent me a love text yet.

Yet.
I've been trimming my jackets as fast as my sewing machine and/or budget can manage. This one is on the bubble: is it worth my personal time or my wallet?

The jury's still out.
Well then you just send it right on over to me then.

Kitty cat sprezz on the collar totally unintentional.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with the chukkas, @Pliny? As much as I like them, they're too casual with the conservative business dress-like fit, IMO. Have you met @spectre lately, or so? ;)

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to meet with the folks at TheBigBlue to chew the fat about the "cloud", how BIG is BIG DATA, & "social".. So had to bust out my C(reative)BD as opposed to C(onservative)BD..

Coffee is for thinking

Sneakers for dancing

DETAILS
SC - P. Johnson via Orazio L
Pantaloons- P. Johnson via Orazio L (and just to be clear, this is not a suit)
Shirt - Ascot Chang
Tie - Vanda
Socks - Rapha City
Sneakers - Stan Smiths

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I mean....this is what I imagine Ralph would WANT us to wear to his lil restaurant, right? :happy:

Iphone5 still can't take a decent indoor picture.....wtf
Navy pinstripe suit
Lightweight silk grey+navy Cesare Attolini tie
White spread collar shirt

Simple and good. Have you tried snapseed? Like photoshop for mobiles, made by google, super easy to use and you can get easily get a lot more out of mobile pics.

Had to meet with the folks at TheBigBlue to chew the fat about the "cloud", how BIG is BIG DATA, & "social".. So had to bust out my C(reative)BD as opposed to C(onservative)BD..

Coffee is for thinking

Sneakers for dancing

DETAILS
SC - P. Johnson via Orazio L
Pantaloons- P. Johnson via Orazio L (and just to be clear, this is not a suit)
Shirt - Ascot Chang
Tie - Vanda
Socks - Rapha City
Sneakers - Stan Smiths

Normally, I'd say Stan Smiths + full suit and tie is an autofail, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew P Johnson had their suits made in Italy, but I thought the actual maker was a "secret".

So you're saying it's Orazio?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love it, the cut is nice and it fits perfectly :) , why aren't you on Qute? You will inspire a lot of people there , this fashion appis available on www.quteapp.com

Nah. He won't inspire "a lot" of people there, because it's only you and your mum at this point.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with the chukkas, @Pliny ? As much as I like them, they're too casual with the conservative business dress-like fit, IMO. Have you met @spectre lately, or so?
wink.gif

theyre new lol

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midweek, and wet in NYC.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - BB
Tie - Corneliani
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads