• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Loud in linen

Albert Hal

Reaction score
Three piece made from Harrisons Havana for me, Dinosaur sweater & green cords for her
smile.gif

I have the same problem with my DB waist coats. They "open up too much" (1st pic). I have asked my tailor to fix it but even after several changes it not fits perfect. What shall I do? I have to change body.

Last edited:

LilacCords

Reaction score
@ Albert Hal

Totally agree, it's actually put me off lower opening waistcoats. This is my only one and I think it will be my last.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
^ B&Tailor, Pyongyang, North Korea.

@Cleav
I hate you. You looking too good everyday. I hate you.

@upr_crust
That museum pic should be unspoilered. But you also did a half-arse job in that photo. That statue is naked.
nest.gif

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[quote name="The Noodles" url="/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/16830#post_7762821
@upr_crust

That museum pic should be unspoilered. But you also did a half-arse job in that photo. That statue is naked. :nest:  
[/quote]

I did a quarter-arse job in that photo - the statue is of a woman - but an impromptu sex change operation was not an available option in the gift shop of the museum, and Vienna is very old-fashioned - public nudity in museum spaces is generally frowned upon.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

David Reeves jacket, shirt and trousers. Crockett and jones Tetbury boots, Richard James socks, Turnbull and Asser linen Handkerchief, vintage 60s polyester knit tie, vintage Paola Belle glasses, Rolex Day Date.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

David Reeves jacket, shirt and trousers. Crockett and jones Tetbury boots, Richard James socks, Turnbull and Asser linen Handkerchief, vintage 60s polyester knit tie, vintage Paola Belle glasses, Rolex Day Date.

Great pic! I love how the decor fits the fit, so to speak...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

@Claghorn
 gets a thumb even though I consistently have concerns over the shirt choice. That said, I doubt he's going to change and I know I won't. :D

What issues (besides the collars...though this one is different from my normal one) do you normally have with my shirts?

Sorry if you've mentioned this previously and I didn't catch it.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mentioned the collars but admittedly that's more personal preference. I tend to think they are generally too formal for what you wear, although that is not always the case. It occurs to me that you might be wearing a linen shirt in your last fit. If so, I retract my statement on that one in particular. The general sentiment stands. I usually give you a thumb, however, because your ability to pair colors and patterns is top notch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads