• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scbrown

Reaction score

@Scbrown
 for what it's worth, I love the cardigan. Not sure if they 'work' together color wise, but it looks pretty cozy. 

Thanks, the whole color scheme or specifically the vest and cardigan

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anden, I think its because the loafers look a little beat up. Had they been a little crisper, I doubt there would be talk about them. I do think the Marlows may have been better, but I love Marlows so hard that they are almost always better. : )
Could use a brushing... And some cream along the side of the soles. Has been worn to death since I got them (but never two days in a row...).

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the whole color scheme or specifically the vest and cardigan

Actually, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking vest/trousers looks good, cardigan/trousers too, but cardigan/vest/trousers as a whole, or maybe it's the tie? I'm nowhere near a pro like the others guys, hence I'm not feeling comfortable/in a position to give you style advices!

Nevertheless, it's a high risk/high reward look, as Dan Trep would say (wether or not you like the guy).

EDIT* On another note, I like the way your trousers fit (I've seen them in another post of yours, with the suspenders, right?). Custom made or OTR?

Last edited:

Scbrown

Reaction score

Actually, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking vest/trousers looks good, cardigan/trousers too, but cardigan/vest/trousers as a whole, or maybe it's the tie? I'm nowhere near a pro like the others guys, hence I'm not feeling comfortable/in a position to give you style advices!

Nevertheless, it's a high risk/high reward look, as Dan Trep would say (wether or not you like the guy).

EDIT* On another note, I like the way your trousers fit (I've seen them in another post of yours, with the suspenders, right?). Custom made or OTR?

I respect all opinions as long as they are given with goodwill. Yes, they are the same ones OTR Peter Millar flannel

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Could use a brushing... And some cream along the side of the soles. Has been worn to death since I got them (but never two days in a row...). 

Sounds like me and my shoes. :embar:

---

I respect all opinions as long as they are given with goodwill.

Im not feeling that combo. It looks like a cardi on a cardi, and not in a good way for me. Almost worthy of a Yo Dawg I heard you like cardis, meme.

no h8

Scbrown

Reaction score

---
Im not feeling that combo. It looks like a cardi on a cardi, and not in a good way for me. Almost worthy of a Yo Dawg I heard you like cardis, meme.

no h8

I feel you, I might take SB's advice to make it more noticeable that it's a vest or ditch it altogether, or take the AAS I'm doing me approach

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Earl Grey for a grey day.

SuSu Lazio

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice moustache, Cleav!

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone on WAYWRN can rock a mustache, Cleav's the man to do it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads