• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the shoes? They look great.
Vintage Florsheim Shells
New shirt? This collar is much more flattering on you than some of your others.
Sort of. New last FW in oxford cloth. I have two with the same specs. Still wearing out some of the others with less than ideal specs, but I am to the point that I have enough good alternatives to move them on just about.

Father Style

Reaction score
In-office day.

BAF8C016-2202-4DBA-9392-1845F165D148.jpeg
70A88961-68B8-49EC-9A4F-069D94D45A75.jpeg

FatherStyle.com

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a day for solid purple ties (see AnAcuteStyle above)

The weather in NYC is mild (highs of 73F/22C) but quite humid, giving me pause to break out fall gear, even though calendrically, it is autumn. This evening in NYC, there is a gathering of Styleforumites at Alfargo's Marketplace, a pop-up event that has popped up conveniently within walking distance from my apartment, thus I shall be in attendance, most likely early evening this evening, for a pre-dinner drink and perusal of the items for sale at the various booths.

That being the case, I chose attire that would be both apropos of a meeting of the style-conscious, and comfortable enough to wear in humid weather, with an eye for those items not seen in a long while (today's shirt and shoes).

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Kamakura
Tie - Hackett
Pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, custom patinated

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped off some batteries to be recycled at the library this morning. I use rechargeable AA batteries. After around ten to twelve years of being recharged they can't be recharged anymore, so I take them to be recycled.

Part of the adventure of taking pictures using a Bluetooth remote shutter button and the 10 second timer on the iPhone camera is you never know what will happen during those 10 seconds.
Today the mail cart rolled by as it delivered mail to the library, police station, fire station, and city hall.

As I keep shrinking I keep having to have my trousers shortened. Dropped off a pair of trousers to be shortened at the tailor before I went to the library.

IMG_7974.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket, Lands' End tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Viyella sweater vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

After dropping off the batteries to be recycled rewarded myself by walking a few blocks south to Tutto Bene Bakery & Cafe and getting a chocolate chip cookie.

IMG_7976.jpeg

Yes, I know I still look like I did before the eye surgery in January 2023. I still don't see any better. A few months after the surgery the doctor suggested I have another operation. I told the doctor I'm probably better off not seeing some things, so didn't have another operation.

Close up of the shoes and the place on the corner of Rodeo Drive and Little Santa Monica where the first Carroll & Company store was.

IMG_7962.jpeg

A path just south of the library that leads nowhere.

IMG_7975.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped off some batteries to be recycled at the library this morning. I use rechargeable AA batteries. After around ten to twelve years of being recharged they can't be recharged anymore, so I take them to be recycled.

Part of the adventure of taking pictures using a Bluetooth remote shutter button and the 10 second timer on the iPhone camera is you never know what will happen during those 10 seconds.
Today the mail cart rolled by as it delivered mail to the library, police station, fire station, and city hall.

As I keep shrinking I keep having to have my trousers shortened. Dropped off a pair of trousers to be shortened at the tailor before I went to the library.

View attachment 2253555

Brooks Brothers jacket, Lands' End tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Viyella sweater vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

After dropping off the batteries to be recycled rewarded myself by walking a few blocks south to Tutto Bene Bakery & Cafe and getting a chocolate chip cookie.

View attachment 2253559

Yes, I know I still look like I did before the eye surgery in January 2023. I still don't see any better. A few months after the surgery the doctor suggested I have another operation. I told the doctor I'm probably better off not seeing some things, so didn't have another operation.

Close up of the shoes and the place on the corner of Rodeo Drive and Little Santa Monica where the first Carroll & Company store was.

View attachment 2253561

A path just south of the library that leads nowhere.

View attachment 2253563
Roy did you ever consider getting some of your strides slimmed while they’re getting shortened? The strides on your BB wash and wear suit seem a lot slimmer than most of yours and they appear to be really flattering.
(I may just be exposing my own personal bias here!)

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
^
Yeah, Roy, that's something to consider. As for your comment about shrinking, that's something we all oldies do, but in your case no worry, because the fab height and volume of your hair makes up for it

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Family tartan to compliment the red knit.

1d2a0825-a05a-4dd7-9a09-b0a4910cba83.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayalexander