• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Father Style

Reaction score
IMG_6140.jpeg

FatherStyle.com

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is overcast, but dry, and seasonably cool. I have my last visit to the Met Opera this evening, at least for this month, and, seeing as my last afternoon dressed-up lasted barely a couple of hours, I'm recycling the shirt, tie, pocket square, braces, and cufflinks from last Thursday for this evening. I've decided to change suits, to see what difference context makes when it comes to color contrasts, moving from a navy blue suit to a grey one. A shot of last Thursday's combo in context is posted for convenience of comparison.

Suit - Oliver Brown
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, custom patinated

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Stop At Willoughby.

IMG_7106.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and BB#1 Stripe tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Viyella sweater vest, Nordic Socks, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

The only remaining Brooks Brothers store in the Los Angeles area is a small store in the Beverly Center, a retail development on the corner of Beverly Blvd and La Cienega Blvd where Beverly Park and many other things like the pony rides, Smokey Joe's B-B-Q, an oil well, a Standard Shoes store, and a salad dressing factory used to be.

IMG_7101.jpeg

Sitting in what I think is almost the same place in 1948.

456192_10150778338053396_1685642966_o.jpg

My Father used to take me to Beverly Park almost every weekend. Walt Disney said he got the idea for Disneyland when he took his kids to Beverly Park.

Once upon a time some parks, restaurants, night clubs, and other places had photographers who took your picture, developed it, printed it, and gave it to you in a paper frame while you were there.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics