• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive wash n wear suit from Brooks.
I actually wore dark brown suede captoes. It rained and I didn’t want to wear them in the house. I’m not a savage.

IMG_8128.jpeg

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this a lot. Great sport coat. I love all the textures as well. Where’s the jacket from?
Thanks. I think it is vintage Isaia but I'm still learning the labels. Sometimes colors combos are touch and go because the lighting in our closet is awful. I hope to remedy this soon.
IMG_4044.jpeg
IMG_4045.jpeg

Ps. Love the olive suit. I am looking to find something like this for myself. Just not sure I prefer something in a cooler or warmer fabric.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Always enjoy your posts, but...GAS IS $6.99/GALLON?!

It's hovering around $2.89 or 2.99 here...

There are a couple of well-known gas stations in LA with consistently outrageous prices--a dollar or two above average. They make for a great shock value photo but are not indicative of the average price in Southern California.

This is one of those.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are a couple of well-known gas stations in LA with consistently outrageous prices--a dollar or two above average. They make for a great shock value photo but are not indicative of the average price in Southern California.

This is one of those.
Also before someone starts ranting about California taxes, please note that the high price of gas here is mostly attributable to oil company price gouging because of a captive market.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_9495.jpeg

Guys,

I’m slowly starting to build my wardrobe. First items were the Alden 975s and this sports coat from Suitsupply — which I think is tight on the shoulders.

I want to wear odd jackets and trousers in a more casual way. Do you think this outfit works? I’m getting married tomorrow (only a legal ceremony, the big wedding is months away) and I’m planning to wear this.

Thanks so much for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_9499.jpeg
    IMG_9499.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9501.jpeg
    IMG_9501.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 83

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2142435

Guys,

I’m slowly starting to build my wardrobe. First items were the Alden 975s and this sports coat from Suitsupply — which I think is tight on the shoulders.

I want to wear odd jackets and trousers in a more casual way. Do you think this outfit works? I’m getting married tomorrow (only a legal ceremony, the big wedding is months away) and I’m planning to wear this.

Thanks so much for the help!
those trousers MUST be pressed before worn

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
those trousers MUST be pressed before worn
Will do, thanks. Do you think they work with the jacket? Just so you guys understand, im a complete novice. I bought this jacket months ago and only now Ill have the opportunity to wear them. Also, would a shiny silky tie such as those funny ferragamo ones work? Are they really dorky in your book (assuming so?)

And shirtwise, would an ocbd work or should i wear a more dressy one like the one in the pic?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members