• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Father Style

Reaction score
I’m liking all the double-breasted jackets! Here’s another. This is what I wore last week for Valentine’s Day.

840338C2-C634-4546-B6F7-ACF595AB2C71.jpeg

5B4B7EB9-E42D-430D-A1A8-6D538E9C2D93.jpeg

FatherStyle.com

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good on you. Im still waiting for that moment when I find a good DB in my size thrifting. One day.
Oh and that will be a blessed day! I have four DB suits that I bought off an SF member that fit me perfectly. I wear them at least once a week.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Suit appears to be S&M. The trousers look to fit very well. Lovely watch.

Hard to tell, but the shoulders on the jacket look a little big. That’s hard to fix. Definitely have the sleeves shortened.

Thank you. It is. Id like to maybe shorten the trousers an inch and the sleeve for sure. I am between 40 contemporary and 42 slim. Due to the chest and shoulders. I typically get about 18.5 shoulders and this is 18.7 ish so likely other factors in the pose or the back needing some taking in.

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
It is. Id like to maybe shorten the trousers an inch maybe and the sleeve for sure. I am between 40 contemporary and 42 slim. Due to the chest and shoulders. I typically get about 18.5 shoulders and this is 18.7 ish so likely other factors in the pose or the back needing some taking in.

If I have a jacket with a little extra room like that, I try to add a sweater (weather permitting) underneath to tighten up the fit. A cardigan can work nicely with a shirt and tie. Or for a less formal look, you can wear the suit with a turtleneck sweater that has a thicker knit.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes are looking good! Details?
Don’t have much other than they are Salvatore Ferragamo. They were my BiL’s and he outgrew them and gave them to me.

This is actually a fresco suit so i was testing my lower limit with it in cool weather. Anything below 40’s i might wear a sweater under it.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again walked down to the the place where many journeys begin, the Los Angeles Metro E Line Expo/Bundy station, and will once again walk up the stairs and wait for the train.

IMG_6937 2.jpeg

Brooks Brothers brown herringbone tweed jacket, cable knot sweater vest, and toe. L L Bean OCBD shirt, Squareextraordinaire pocket square, Orvis corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds wing tip shoes.

A Kir Royale, a little Victoria Sponge, tea, and me in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA.

IMG_6945 2.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads