• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

partenopean

Reaction score
I've just returned from seven nights in London, a solo trip to see art (most specifically, the Frans Hals exhibition at the National Gallery), and some friends. I had the opportunity to dress up several time, most notably the evening of the 18th of January, for dinner with friends at the National Liberal Club, a bastion of High Victorian decor. A selection of photos, including "lifestyle" are attached.

What precisely, if you don't mind my asking, is the National Liberal Club and what on earth goes on there?

I have never seen such magnificence is dress, not even on TV at the Coronation of King Charles, where even members of Royal Family sat there like uncomfortable extras on set, way past wrap time, wearing costumes provided by props that hadn't been adjusted correctly despite hours of fitting...

You, Sir, on the other hand, look like you are in your element!

Oh why oh why can I not have such experiences in my life? In the shithole where I live, if I go out dressed like that, I'd have police officers following me. Not sure if to they're there to provide cover for my own safety, or if they think a nut has escaped from the asylum.

Very well done, Upper Crust!

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Is "I have a small peepee" the statement in question?
Lol - in my case the statement is "I have a giant head, so a skinny tie or small knot risks me looking like a St. Bernard dog on a leash."

St. Bernard.jpg

partenopean

Reaction score
Lol - in my case the statement is "I have a giant head, so a skinny tie or small knot risks me looking like a St. Bernard dog on a leash."

View attachment 2118703

Agreed. Which is why skinny ties work on Rishi Sunak, suit jacket 32UK, shirt size 12UK.
They looked horrendous on BoJo, who was already Humpty Dumpty to start off with, except add one of those yellow Swiffer mops on his head. So add a skinny tie, you went from hideous to ******* unsightly.

The full-bodied knot works, in my opnion, on Upper-crust's gentleman-companion. In fact, there is no upper limit, anything over the top would work on that gent!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What precisely, if you don't mind my asking, is the National Liberal Club and what on earth goes on there?

I have never seen such magnificence is dress, not even on TV at the Coronation of King Charles, where even members of Royal Family sat there like uncomfortable extras on set, way past wrap time, wearing costumes provided by props that hadn't been adjusted correctly despite hours of fitting...

You, Sir, on the other hand, look like you are in your element!

Oh why oh why can I not have such experiences in my life? In the shithole where I live, if I go out dressed like that, I'd have police officers following me. Not sure if to they're there to provide cover for my own safety, or if they think a nut has escaped from the asylum.

Very well done, Upper Crust!

The National Liberal Club is a private club, which provides dining and drinking facilities, among other things. The building is late Victorian, a lush design incorporating the use of multicolor Minton tiles, creating a very grand atmosphere, enhanced by portraits of former members, most prominently Prime Minister Gladstone. Our purpose in being there was drinks and dinner - one of our party is a member of the club.

Thank you for the compliments, in any case.

JohnLoza

Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As part of my travels to London this past week, I had the pleasure of having lunch with that gentleman known as Mr. Knightley, at the Garden restaurant at the Corinthia Hotel - a few photos from that occasion, and a couple of very quick and dirty shots detailing what I was wearing.

IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg
PXL_20240122_070041023.MP.jpg
PXL_20240122_070310283.MP.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics