• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
One of the Christmas decorations in Beverly Canon Gardens and me as two ladies wander through the background.

View attachment 2093369

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, Vineyard Vines Christmas tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Polo Golf Argyle sweater vest, Squarextraordinare pocket square, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Close up of the shoes in a menswear related location.

View attachment 2093373

While on the subject of shoes, for @An Acute Style, a window full of big Gucci snaffle bits.

View attachment 2093375

For those poor souls who think Nantucket Reds are summer trousers, Santa and a Subordinate Claus wishing passing traffic on Santa Monica Blvd by All Saints Church a Merry Christmas before the Festival Of Nine Lessons And Carols began.

View attachment 2093381

While on the subject of Santa Claus, if you are Number One on Santa's naughty list he will bring you this painting.

View attachment 2093391

And last but not least, since someone posted a picture with a dog in it, a lady was trying to get her three dogs to stay still long enough to take a picture of them but her dogs weren't having any of it.

View attachment 2093393
Re your photo with the two women traipsing through the background. My wife and I have a running joke about how I alway manage to ask the absolute worst person to take our picture: They don't hold the camera/phone level, could care less about trying to avoid distracting things in the background, and move while depressing the button to ensure the pic is blurry. All that aside, you look great!

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Friend’s bday dinner last night. Sometimes tuxedo as suit is far preferred for one’s climes…and I was lazy.
View attachment 2093905
The tux looks great, but if it were me, I'd have completed the look and buttoned the shirt and worn a self-tie bow tie. Wearing such a classically formal outfit only part way just seemed a bit off. But then again, I wasn't the one wearing it. :)

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re your photo with the two women traipsing through the background. My wife and I have a running joke about how I alway manage to ask the absolute worst person to take our picture: They don't hold the camera/phone level, could care less about trying to avoid distracting things in the background, and move while depressing the button to ensure the pic is blurry. All that aside, you look great!
Thank you.

I avoid asking the worst possible person to take a picture by using a cell phone tripod mount, a little tripod that can hold on to things, a Bluetooth remote shutter button, and the 10 second timer on the cell phone camera.

399843461_1356686075249586_6190810026072019245_n.jpg

Sometimes during the 10 seconds something happens. Sometimes it's like the two ladies walking through the background.

Other times it's something like this, the Conductor collecting tickets. This is coming back from Santa Barbara in October 2022.

IMG_3426.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha my biggest beef is people cutting feet off. The amount of times we’ve given the camera to a passer by for a group shot and explicitly asked ‘try not to cut our feet off’ and sure enough …

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After yesterday's monsoon-like rains in NYC, today has been partially overcast, but dry. After the double-header of formality from last week, I needed a few days of casual wear, but today, slave to the sartorial rhythm that I am, I opted to be suited up.

In running a few errands earlier today, I ran into an elderly (or should I say more elderly than I) neighbor in the elevator. Dressed as I was, he remarked that I looked like I had come out of a 1930's Hollywood movie - he mentioned Franchot Tone. I took it as a compliment.

Again, as usual, I've tried to cycle through things in my closet that haven't seen the light of day in a while.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Tunbridge
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Laird Hatters, London

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG
IMG_2199.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG

jong851

Reaction score
Franchot Tone? I might have to go with Guy Kibbee. Sorry Crusty.

Attachments

• 00b7a69de71e99c32e9c00a7b86f1b29.jpg
    00b7a69de71e99c32e9c00a7b86f1b29.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 25

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Franchot Tone? I might have to go with Guy Kibbee. Sorry Crusty.

I believe that my neighbor was talking about my coat, not my face, when referencing Franchot Tone, though I can't say that I see any resemblance between myself and Guy Kibbee.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Maybourne Hotel Christmas Tree and me.

IMG_6632.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer and British-American Chamber Of Commerce Christmas tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Austin Reed vest, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

The Maybourne Hotel Christmas Tree was more colorful last year.

IMG_3829.jpeg

Random seasonal stuff:

Hordes of holiday travelers at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

IMG_6466.jpeg

Santa Claus on Sawtelle Blvd in Sawtelle (Los Angeles 90025).

IMG_6655.jpeg

For those who want to see more car photos in this thread, what BMW's looked like when I was in school.

IMG_6666.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After yesterday's monsoon-like rains in NYC, today has been partially overcast, but dry. After the double-header of formality from last week, I needed a few days of casual wear, but today, slave to the sartorial rhythm that I am, I opted to be suited up.

In running a few errands earlier today, I ran into an elderly (or should I say more elderly than I) neighbor in the elevator. Dressed as I was, he remarked that I looked like I had come out of a 1930's Hollywood movie - he mentioned Franchot Tone. I took it as a compliment.

Again, as usual, I've tried to cycle through things in my closet that haven't seen the light of day in a while.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Tunbridge
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Laird Hatters, London

View attachment 2094517

Beautiful cloths there. At a closer observation the one on the overcoat is even stunning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads