• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLH03

Reaction score
I may have jumped the gun a little. It was not cool enough for this outfit. I was fine outside, but my school was pretty warm today. Flannel pants, lambswool cardigan, and alpaca blend jacket. Another patterned tie with a plaid jacket. Is this combo reasonable? The shoes and cardigan are almost a perfect match. I dig it.

View attachment 2050787
View attachment 2050781
View attachment 2050789
View attachment 2050779
View attachment 2050783
View attachment 2050785
Looks good. The tie pattern is small enough that it doesn’t clash with big pattern in the jacket

stevam

Reaction score
Bon après-midi !

IMG_9455.png
IMG_9452.png
IMG_9466.png
IMG_9469.png

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again proving nothing evil will happen to you if your belt does not match your shoes.

IMG_6146 2.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and BB#1 stripe tie, L L Bean blue and white University stripe OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man surcingle belt, and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or it's getting massively difficult to navigate StyFo? The loading of all the ads it's making it super slow reason why I haven't been posting constantly.

Anyway, today.

It is not just you….. it’s getting really bad. On all platforms. The way the ads load, half the time, the page looks like it’s done loading, then I try to click a link, and a new ad moves to whole page, which results in me clicking wrong link….. Super clunky

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or it's getting massively difficult to navigate StyFo? The loading of all the ads it's making it super slow reason why I haven't been posting constantly.
Very annoying and definitely slowing down the site on my laptop. I usually try to pause the video ads. Runs decently on my phone still. I know running this site isn't free, but these ads are going to start pushing away users.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is mostly sunny and mild, not yet flannel weather (that will come next week, apparently). This evening, I am attending a book party to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the publishing of "I Am Dandy", by Nathaniel Adams (words) and Rose Callahan (photos), at the Armoury, downtown. As my husband and I were interviewed for the second book, "We Are Dandy", but were left on the editor's floor (metaphorically speaking, of course), we would be interested in seeing Natty and Rose again after several years.

As it is, for the photo shoot, I wore today's suit, tie, and boots, as one of the selections of attire (we wore three different outfits in total for the shoot). There are only a few newer additions - today's cufflinks, and the bowler hat, a very recent addition to my wardrobe. We shall see if I pass muster in this dandified crowd.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis via Scully & Scully
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Boots - Grenson Masterpiece for Paul Stuart
Bowler - Hawkins

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1494.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I planned to wear this jacket with a pair of odd trousers, but didn’t like the combo. Ended up just wearing the suit. These pants could stand to be taken out in the seat and thighs. The leg opening is around 10”. Don’t need to let that out. :lol:

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I planned to wear this jacket with a pair of odd trousers, but didn’t like the combo. Ended up just wearing the suit. These pants could stand to be taken out in the seat and thighs. The leg opening is around 10”. Don’t need to let that out. :lol:

View attachment 2051533
View attachment 2051545
View attachment 2051543
View attachment 2051537
View attachment 2051539
View attachment 2051535

As you know, I prefer by far separates, but this suit is impeccable and flattering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads