• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
While you relax watching your NFL Sunday Night, some of us in the future are hard at work. Hard at work, I say! No rest for the wicked.

Today's post sponsored by @DorianGreen, who wanted to see the norfolk jacket paired with a pair of dress slacks.

View attachment 2048699 View attachment 2048701
Fits you very well Sir. Dorian has such a great taste and gives so many advices, here and on many threads on SF, that i suppose i am not the only one that would be curious to see one of his fits ?

RajunCajun

Reaction score
20230920165622_IMG_8683~2.JPG

20230920165753_IMG_8684~2.JPG

20230920170351_IMG_8688~2.JPG

20230920170800_IMG_8692~2.JPG

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A quick hello
IMG_8614.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas, Christmas time is near.
Time for toys and time for cheer.
We've been good, but we can't last.
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast.
Want a plane that loops the loop.
Me, I want a hula hoop.
We can hardly stand the wait.
Please Christmas, don't be late.

When I was in Crate And Barrel last week noticed they had their Christmas things up so when I went there today to get some more stuff I wore my British-American Chamber Of Commerce Christmas tie and took a picture standing next to one of their Christmas Trees.

Summer has returned to Los Angeles. It is around 86F here today. When I was walking home from Crate And Barrel saw a man wearing a seersucker jacket.

IMG_6126.jpeg

Napps jacket, Brooks Brothers PPBD shirt and tie, Polo Ralph Lauren pocket square, Vineyard Vines belt and trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

IMG_6134.jpeg

Since Halloween is in a few weeks wore Rugby Ralph Lauren skull and crossbones socks.

IMG_6139 2.jpeg

The label on the back of the tie.

IMG_6137.jpeg

There was a Tesla Bot at the Tesla store. Did not ask how much it was. Hope Santa doesn't bring me a Tesla Bot for Christmas.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Navy, purple, paisley, and black watch. Thoughts on the tie and jacket combo?
IMO, it'd all work beautifully if the tie were green, and the shirt a light pink or light orange. Tie ground picking up accent in jacket = tried and true principle. With that jacket-shirt-vest combo, I'd be reaching for mid-brown ties. (Newbs: We discussed this and similar in TweedyProf's CM Lounge about six years back, IIRC.)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is seasonably cool, and sunny, and this evening is that once-a-year occasion on which I masquerade as a member of New York society, and attend the Frick Autumn Dinner, this year being held in the hallowed halls of the Metropolitan Club on Fifth Avenue. After the last two years of extravagant dinner jackets, I've opted this year not to be so "distinctive" (i.e. weird), and am wearing what is a fairly conventional tuxedo, with the small flourish of a silk brocade waistcoat. This evening was also to be an experiment with shirt garters, having received a pair recently as a gift, but alas, either my shirt tails are too long, or my socks are - there was no tension to hold my shirt tails in place. I have tried a bowler with this evening's ensemble as well, though I think that I favor the Homburg instead. Finally, a photo with my framed portrait - Dorian Grey and his image, perhaps.

Photos from this evening "apres le spectacle".

Tuxedo - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Ede & Ravenscroft
Tie & stud set - Budd, London
Braces & shirt garters - KK & Jay
Waistcoat - Favourbrook, London
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Magnanni for Saks Fifth Avenue
Bowler hat - Hawkins, England
Homburg - Lock, London
Evening scarf - Turnbull & Asser

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is seasonably cool, and sunny, and this evening is that once-a-year occasion on which I masquerade as a member of New York society, and attend the Frick Autumn Dinner, this year being held in the hallowed halls of the Metropolitan Club on Fifth Avenue. After the last two years of extravagant dinner jackets, I've opted this year not to be so "distinctive" (i.e. weird), and am wearing what is a fairly conventional tuxedo, with the small flourish of a silk brocade waistcoat. This evening was also to be an experiment with shirt garters, having received a pair recently as a gift, but alas, either my shirt tails are too long, or my socks are - there was no tension to hold my shirt tails in place. I have tried a bowler with this evening's ensemble as well, though I think that I favor the Homburg instead. Finally, a photo with my framed portrait - Dorian Grey and his image, perhaps.

Homburg - Lock, London

View attachment 2049337

I love the homburg, but you wear the bowler with class as well.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Homburg - Lock, London

View attachment 2049337

Good work Crusty and the painting is absolutely top drawer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads