• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point. I myself would put the Celeste in the Balmoral oxford category - which would allow it to peacefully co-exist with the Chelsea. :D
I need to enlist your services to explain how vastly different they are to my wife and why I need more black cap toes in my closet.
While I’m grateful to own both the City 2 & Chelsea oxfords, I can’t help but spontaneously blurt out “why can’t you be Yohei Fukuda’s” every now & then 😂
My solution to this was brown Chelsea’s. But owning all three the Fukuda’s are worth getting. Particularly with where the Yen is at currently. Although I do occasionally think to myself I ought to get a pair of Bolero’s and be done with it (until the next pair I need pops up anyways)
IMG_2134.jpeg
IMG_2135.jpeg

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually bought the trousers in a slightly larger size in the waist to wear with suspenders. They are linen and supremely comfortable and breezy. No regrets. I have slimmer pants that feel fine when standing, but pull here and there when sitting. I’m definitely on team big pants.
I ordered my linen trou with a fuller cut for the same reason. Like why Biggie said he wore boxers 😉

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
purchased this tie from Canali sight unseen, not sure if it works for me or not, maybe matching with a different width of stripes on the shirt or perhaps a different colour palette all together?
View attachment 1987725
There's nothing wrong with the scale or palette. The pattern of the tie is definitely outside of StyFo orthodoxy, but you've employed just fine here.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are having 95 degree weather daily but it gets down to a cool 84 in the evening.
My pics will be mostly sans tie as it is open collar time of the year in S. FL.

Linen SC, Japanese cotton shirt, Linen/cotton trousers
Shoes are not Celeste, Chelsea or Fukuda's
However, next time I'm angry at someone I will tell them "Fukuda!" Just to see the quizzical look
on their face.

fullsizeoutput_1f4b.jpeg
20230709_134507.jpg
20230709_134533.jpg
20230709_133149.jpg

podz

Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical for you well-dressed gents:

What would you do, sartorially speaking, with 5 days in Naples and $2,500 to spend?

I'm thinking a pair of shoes from Meccariello would be a good start.

Any other tips?

Buy clothes somewhere outside of Europe and enjoy Naples while already well dressed! European VAT (sales tax) varies slightly by country but it's 22% in Italy.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is threatening rain, and is otherwise warm and humid, yet, this evening, I am suited up - a request from a friend from out of town, who wants to have drinks and fun in a civilized manner, wearing civilized clothes. Thank goodness for air conditioning and Ubers.

Knowing the tastes of our guest, I've opted for something veering towards the formal (but, happily, in a summer weight fabric). After more than a week of polo shirts, jeans and shorts, it is refreshing to put on "adult clothes".

Suit - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie & pocket square - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Braces - Albert Thurston
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Septieme Largeur

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG

kid1002

Reaction score
Discovered this beautiful wool-silk-linen/cotton piece at Sartorial Shanghai yesterday. It was my first time fitting into an Orazio and I was really tempted to cop this particular piece. The jacket was soft in structure but also beautifully shaped to flatter the body.

This cloth broke my pre-conceived notion that WSL/C pieces are only suitable in SS, as this piece is clearly capable going into AW in most Asian countries. One could even argue it's more of an AW cloth than that for SS.

d28f974f73d96f262dea81735d7953.jpg

gavspen

Reaction score
This cloth broke my pre-conceived notion that WSL/C pieces are only suitable in SS, as this piece is clearly capable going into AW in most Asian countries. One could even argue it's more of an AW cloth than that for SS.
Am I the only one who doesnt know what many of these (non) acronyms mean? Not just here, all over the place. The Yankees now play for ALCS (some years, anyway) and Billy Joel plays MSG once a month. (Ok, I know what those two mean.) Dont "the Pennant" and "the Garden" have a more romantic ring to them? Sorry for the curmudgeonly off topic rant. Haha.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
^
I'm with you. Many posters use abbreviations I think because they think they're cool. Assuming most posts nowadays are dictated rather than typed, why is it so difficult to actually speak what these abbreviations mean? O the petty peeves, they rule my life.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^
I'm with you. Many posters use abbreviations I think because they think they're cool. Assuming most posts nowadays are dictated rather than typed, why is it so difficult to actually speak what these abbreviations mean? O the petty peeves, they rule my life.
This seems like a pretty big assumption...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads