• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Domino23

Reaction score
Zegna sport coat/BB tie/Luxire shirt and trousers/ old miUSA Cole Haan shoes.

First time getting a custom shirt, now I know what to tweak for round 2. I got an unfused collar and it's very comfortable but it collapses on itself a little bit. Will fuse the cuffs are well for the next one. Trousers I need to take an inch in at the waist, and I'm going to put a 1.5 inch taper in below the knee. All in all I'm happy with it, my second attempt at custom clothes turned out pretty well and now I know what to tweak.

Attachments

• IMG_20230707_081144298_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230707_081144298_HDR~2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20230707_082006542~2.jpg
    IMG_20230707_082006542~2.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20230707_081751895_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230707_081751895_HDR~2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 127

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As is so often the case my belt and shoes do not match although I did manage to get my watch chain into the picture.

View attachment 1986627

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, ecru PPBD shirt, and tie, generic pocket square, Leather Man surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

Think there is a "What Are You Drinking" thread. Posting the picture in this thread instead.

Drink Local.

A dinosaur, a Sawtelle Sake Pink Can of Jumai Ginjo Hibiscus Flower Yuzu Kokuto Sparkling Sake, and me at Blackbeard's Crafts on Sawtelle Blvd. in Sawtelle.

Odd Fact: The dinosaur is made from plastic. Plastic is made from dead dinosaurs. As Mr. Spock would say, "that's logical".

Buckle down win sake buckle down.

View attachment 1986629

Wonder if this is the first time someone posted a picture of a plastic dinosaur with a beard and a pirate hat in this thread?

Close up of the shoes which are tan and white Nubuck.

View attachment 1986631

Extra Added Attraction: Someone unclear on the concept of parking.

View attachment 1986633
Everything about this brings a smile to my day. Thank you, sir.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this. Wish the trou were a tad slimmer but it still works.

A view that is rarely expressed on this board in recent years!
I actually bought the trousers in a slightly larger size in the waist to wear with suspenders. They are linen and supremely comfortable and breezy. No regrets. I have slimmer pants that feel fine when standing, but pull here and there when sitting. I’m definitely on team big pants.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Domino23

Reaction score
Is it an OCBD? You have a pretty good collar roll going if so, just needs the button placement adjusting so they don't pull on the shirt.
It's supposed to be an OCBD but there are some issues with it that are entirely my fault based on what I selected. Since this is my first custom shirt I didn't have complete faith in my measurements so I went with an inexpensive shirt for my first one, trouble is it's very lightweight fabric. Great for the warm weather but when you couple light weight fabric with an unfused collar and a bit of a larger collar style at that it's folding in on itself. I will have the buttons adjusted, for the next one I will be tinkering with the collar itself too.

kid1002

Reaction score
Sorry for potentially being off-topic here. I just bought my first pair of black cap toe oxfords (City II from John Lobb).

I intend to use this pair for the most formal of occassions with navy midnight and grey suits, but I'm also wondering if this would work with the below outfits as well:

- Navy mesh jacket with medium grey or dark grey trousers
- Dark green silk suit
- Navy wool-silk-linen suit
- Dark navy Irish linen suit

Interested to learn from fellow dressers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads