• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one photo, but I think that it says it all . . .

View attachment 1950945
Thanks for posting Crusty!
And thanks for picking out a great spot to meet.
What an absolute joy to meet up with some like-minded blokes for drinks and chat. Let’s make sure it’s not nine years till we do it again!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still experimenting with where is best for pics and angles… however, a phone propped up on standing desk may be the best solution.

I feel the jacket doesn’t quite work with this style of trouser as the chinos are a) too skinny and b) perhaps too dark?

Cheers,

Nick

View attachment 1951065
View attachment 1951067 View attachment 1951069
My opinion is on the skinny comment and perhaps you could have gone lighter brown shoes/boots since the top is a bit brighter. Just an option.

Also showing a bit more sleeve than I like personally.

I like the jacket and color choices though!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the SF meet up. It was definitely an ordeal picking an outfit. I had to keep in mind the weather and the fact that I had work. I wanted to wear black watch and/or bit loafers, but decided on this 3 piece suit with black tassels instead. Next time.

69C9C9FE-98CF-4784-BDEF-358C7D4063BF.jpeg

5F2AC042-4FD2-4EE2-AF8B-A3A9D0FDF360.jpeg

376AA90A-DD68-4878-AB71-2ED03ABDC638.jpeg

E9B4F586-5296-4499-B778-4C1D7718ABAB.jpeg

B8EBE0A9-15FF-4EE3-8630-F4C20F524031.jpeg

87FB18D4-79E0-4CC8-9B10-9E69898FA233.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nelton

Reaction score
My opinion is on the skinny comment and perhaps you could have gone lighter brown shoes/boots since the top is a bit brighter. Just an option.

Also showing a bit more sleeve than I like personally.

I like the jacket and color choices though!
Thanks Wooly! Yes - I’ve realised moving out here that my shoe collection is pretty thin. My other half thought it was fairly ludicrous I was packing 5 pairs of shoes to move half way around the world but I’ve only got dark smart shoes (3x loafers, 1 double monks & chelsea boots) as often peeping in the back of my photos. I’ve got a pair of suede desert boots but I think they are too casual for wearing with tailoring. I’ve probably got the right options in a box back in the UK…

Agree re the sleeves too, most of my shirts are from different makers so there is always a bit of variety on fit as I tend to shop around for bargains and sleeve lengths are often pretty inconsistent even on the same brand

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wooly! Yes - I’ve realised moving out here that my shoe collection is pretty thin. My other half thought it was fairly ludicrous I was packing 5 pairs of shoes to move half way around the world but I’ve only got dark smart shoes (3x loafers, 1 double monks & chelsea boots) as often peeping in the back of my photos. I’ve got a pair of suede desert boots but I think they are too casual for wearing with tailoring. I’ve probably got the right options in a box back in the UK…

Agree re the sleeves too, most of my shirts are from different makers so there is always a bit of variety on fit as I tend to shop around for bargains and sleeve lengths are often pretty inconsistent even on the same brand
I hear you on the bargain shopping. I think sometimes it is better to hone in on a fit you like and really wait for sale on that specific style you like. The more standardization you have the better. Also make sure you are getting the right size jacket for your height. Short vs Regular and Long make a big visual difference for covering sleeves and your seat.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the SF meet up. It was definitely an ordeal picking an outfit. I had to keep in mind the weather and the fact that I had work. I wanted to wear black watch and/or bit loafers, but decided on this 3 piece suit with black tassels instead. Next time.

View attachment 1951301
View attachment 1951299
View attachment 1951303
View attachment 1951305
View attachment 1951307
View attachment 1951309
No black watch.
No bit loafers.
Walked right past thinking “naaah that can’t be him!”😁

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads