• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From this past Friday. Becoming a bigger fan of BD collars…
C3AFFA61-4B83-422A-9A10-80A2A594F7D3.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less so? I'd say it's like a 50-50 between cutaway/spread and bd where ever I go in Europe. Way less bd with suit and tie though.

I can't say whether you figure/impression is exact, as I don't have statistics about, but here in Berlin and in Rome I see few Button Downs around, worn and to buy. It can be due to the fact that the style has its origins in America. Possibly the style is more spread in Great Britain, that traditionally has more cultural exchanges with the States. Of course there are fans in other parts of Europe. I remember a time in which the BD became pretty popular in Italy, probably driven by the fact that Gianni Agnelli was a fan, wearing it with the buttons undone though.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't say whether you figure/impression is exact, as I don't have statistics about, but here in Berlin and in Rome I see few Button Downs around, worn and to buy. It can be due to the fact that the style has its origins in America. Possibly the style is more spread in Great Britain, that traditionally has more cultural exchanges with the States. Of course there are fans in other parts of Europe. I remember a time in which the BD became pretty popular in Italy, probably driven by the fact that Gianni Agnelli was a fan, wearing it with the buttons undone though.
Well it's definitely an estimate rather than a fact, just based on my personal experience from Sweden/Germany/Spain. In my wardrobe the bd to spread ratio is probably 70-30, used to be 99% bd.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IsaiaBoivin-01.jpg
IsaiaBoivin-02.jpg
IsaiaBoivin-03.jpg
IsaiaBoivin-04.jpg

Suit: Isaia
Shirt: Bespoke
Tie: Boivin (for Kimono, Paris)
PS: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Morjas

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Superb outfit. Only thing though is that you should re-lace your shoes and not have the generic factory one.
Eh?
I ‘straight lace’ every single pair of my lace-up shoes and boots like this and along with it being the best looking way to lace up footwear, I can categorically say that I have NEVER had a pair of shoes come out of the box (factory?) like this. I ALWAYS have to re-lace them from the generic factory outside-in crossover style.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh?
I ‘straight lace’ every single pair of my lace-up shoes and boots like this and along with it being the best looking way to lace up footwear, I can categorically say that I have NEVER had a pair of shoes come out of the box (factory?) like this. I ALWAYS have to re-lace them from the generic factory outside-in crossover style.
That is a lazy way of doing a straight lace in my book. The way the shoes I commented were laced is wrong because when you pull the laces, it applies pressure on the top of the boot from one lace and at the bottom of the boot with the other. Don't know a better way to explain this, due to the late hour and my mediocre English.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads