• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

khughes44

Reaction score
First post of the year. Happy New Year to all.
5065EAA7-E676-45DB-9EDC-46C0F99E6CAF_1_201_a.jpeg
C22B850F-E094-41D4-929E-5408104E78E1_1_201_a.jpeg
B81AE124-227C-415E-8FFD-F2828553B3E2_1_201_a.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun has returned to NYC, albeit coldly, and my cold seems to be abating, allowing me the indulgence of dressing up for the day.

A long time ago, I bought a pair of "enamel" cufflinks at Brooks Brothers, a deep crimson edged in navy blue, which I found very useful over the years. After the last time I wore them, I noticed that the "enamel" (most likely some plastic resin) had dropped off of one of the links - an annoyance, less for the loss of the links themselves (they were cheap when purchased), but for the loss of that specific color. In looking to replace the links with enamel cufflinks (of better manufacture), I couldn't find any in the right shade of red, but I did find the ones I'm wearing today - sub-gem grade red corundum (a.k.a. ruby). The stones are worthless for use as a faceted stone, but are the right color, and are interesting in their imperfection. A picture of old and new are included below.

That being said, today's attire was built around today's cufflinks.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf & face mask - New & Lingwood
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG
IMG_4938.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG
IMG_4940.JPG
IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4942.JPG
IMG_4943.JPG

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life is too short to take oneself too seriously. So my arguments in favor of these fantastic Italian shoes are never made in earnest. My aim is to never bore SFers with yet another robot-pose in group-approved menswear. The shoes are what they are, and hideous or not I have fun with them.
But Robot pose is SF approved!?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Give it back to your little lad and stop raiding his cupboard!
All of his bow ties are pre-tied. I made that lovely knot all by myself. I don’t recall ever seeing you in a bow tie, but I’m sure yours would be shoulder width.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of his bow ties are pre-tied. I made that lovely knot all by myself. I don’t recall ever seeing you in a bow tie, but I’m sure yours would be shoulder width.
Haha I don’t wear bow ties.
Except for the rare occasions I can find a black tie event, which sadly are fewer and farther between these days. My model for black tie bow ties is Connery in Thunderball - narrow batwing style, tied medium width. There’s some guidance about the ends being approx the same width as the outside of your eyes. It takes a bit of practice but it’s possible to adjust the width when tieing a bow tie just the same way you can tie your shoes with tiny lace loops or wide floppy ones or somewhere in between.

Miles R.

Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads