• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psb

Reaction score
From yesterday evening, very casual, meeting good friends.

IMG_20191226_180504.jpg
IMG_20191226_180526.jpg
IMG_20191227_094909.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My attire is casual today, and not worth posting, but a write-up, with photos, of my recent trip to London, with attention to the shops, was just published on AskAndy (a request from one of the admins, which I obliged).

The URL is below:

I hope that it is of interest.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interacting with some Spanish Colonial Revival tilework in the pergola at Holmby Park in West Los Angeles.

IMG_3531.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Ralph Lauren Polo Golf Fair Isle sweater vest, Lands' End tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Eddie Bauer Argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds (made in 1980) calf and wildebeest saddle shoes.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Competition still open. Single-breasted overcoat. Crombie. Crombie knock-off...

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interacting with some Spanish Colonial Revival tilework in the pergola at Holmby Park in West Los Angeles.

View attachment 1305761

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Ralph Lauren Polo Golf Fair Isle sweater vest, Lands' End tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Eddie Bauer Argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds (made in 1980) calf and wildebeest saddle shoes.
Timeless! :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: Footwork!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it’s been a hot topic on here as of late but how wide do you guys typically like your leg openings? Before, I never really paid much attention to it and never really specify it to my tailor until my best friend mentioned that he thought mines were too wide. When I measured all my pants, they were all between 8.5” to 9”. I wanted to try something new and had them taken in to 8”. Now I took them all back to have them go back to 8.5” cause I felt that 8” was a little too slim and 9” too wide.

For reference, I wear a 38” waist and 7 UK shoes.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it’s been a hot topic on here as of late but how wide do you guys typically like your leg openings? Before, I never really paid much attention to it and never really specify it to my tailor until my best friend mentioned that he thought mines were too wide. When I measured all my pants, they were all between 8.5” to 9”. I wanted to try something new and had them taken in to 8”. Now I took them all back to have them go back to 8.5” cause I felt that 8” was a little too slim and 9” too wide.

For reference, I wear a 38” waist and 7 UK shoes.
8.5” is probably the sweet spot for me. 8” probably looks best (on me) for SF posing, but does feel a tad slim when seated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads