• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I implied is that the shoes are made to be worn, not hold in a safe box

That's Not What You Said/Implied, Show Your 40yr Old Shoe, I Have Shoes That Are Worn In Bad Weather! I Use Shoe Boxes, Not A Safe Box! Show Your Footwork...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? I Never Said They Where Precious, But I'm Not Wearing Edward Green's In The Snow And Salt, Why Then Do You Polish Your Shoes? I Guess Some People Just Have A Need To Lay On Their Keyboard, You Always Seem To Have The Answer, Wrong!
My man. @BomTrady brought up that there are two schools of thought. One, that suede is perfect for rain. Two, that suede is horrible for the rain. My answer to his question is that the question of suede being good or bad for rain stops mattering if you just wear them and that they’re just f*cking shoes and if I am going to buy something, they’re going to get worn and if I’m afraid to wear something in certain conditions they no, they aren’t worth MY money being spent on them. Yes, I wear my Edward Greens in salt and slush.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I implied is that the shoes are made to be worn, not hold in a safe box

That's Not What You Said/Implied, Show Your 40yr Old Shoe, I Have Shoes That Are Worn In Bad Weather! I Use Shoe Boxes, Not A Safe Box! Show Your Footwork...
I can’t be the only one hoping this ends in a dance off.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My man. @BomTrady brought up that there are two schools of thought. One, that suede is perfect for rain. Two, that suede is horrible for the rain. My answer to his question is that the question of suede being good or bad for rain stops mattering if you just wear them and that they’re just f*cking shoes and if I am going to buy something, they’re going to get worn and if I’m afraid to wear something in certain conditions they no, they aren’t worth MY money being spent on them. Yes, I wear my Edward Greens in salt and slush.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of EG’s so I’ll probably not be wearing them in the rain 😂

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my first pair of EG’s so I’ll probably not be wearing them in the rain 😂
Embrace the salt stained sole life.
B5E98542-AB18-4042-91FE-C5A4F8CA90AD.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad, rest his soul, was an engineer, and the best man I ever knew. As a child, I once asked my dad what pi was, and he told me “Three and a bit”. I said no, my teacher told me that pi goes on forever.

He said, “Son, for mathematicians and teachers, it goes on forever, but we engineers got **** to do. It’s three and a bit”.

I miss my dad. 🥃
He wasn’t wrong. Pi is three and a bit. It is a finite number between 3 and 4. Some of my younger students think if a number has an infinite decimal representation then the number is infinite. They mean well. Fun fact: You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the known universe to the width of a hydrogen atom. 526 is just for kicks.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede Dainite soles shoes that I wear in foul weather. The suede has been treated/rain proofed. I definitely have gotten water and salt stains on my calf leather shoes before. My brother says apple cider vinegar is a good waterproofer for calf leather shoes. I haven’t tried it. Also, I walk back and forth to the train in all kinds of weather. You car folks have it easy.

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
I have a pair of suede Dainite soles shoes that I wear in foul weather. The suede has been treated/rain proofed. I definitely have gotten water and salt stains on my calf leather shoes before. My brother says apple cider vinegar is a good waterproofer for calf leather shoes. I haven’t tried it. Also, I walk back and forth to the train in all kinds of weather. You car folks have it easy.
also a public commuter & i die inside a little bit every day my shoes have to bare the couple or so miles of walking I do 😂

Edmund Dorf

Reaction score
In the rain’ one rather wears ones Brogues’ Do they not ¿ Brogues are so designed to specifically allow rain water to seep out through those perforations on the upper.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A twisty tree and me in Palisades Park in Santa Monica CA.

IMG_4641.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, Argyle sweater vest, and yellow Argyle socks, Robert Talbott tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of twisty trees, here's another twisty tree and a squirrel.

IMG_4659.jpeg

The Spirit Of 76.

Tea, a little Victoria Sponge, and me in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica.

My original plan was to go to Ye Olde King's Head on my birthday last month. Then my brother came to Los Angeles since one of the shows, "The Secret Garden", was playing at the Ahmanson Theater and he invited me out for lunch on my birthday.

So I went to Ye Olde King's Head today and after the usual Coronation Chicken Sandwiches, scone, and tea had a little Victoria Sponge and stuck a candle in it. Didn't think it would be prudent to stick seventy six candles plus one for good luck in the little Victoria Sponge.

IMG_4680.jpeg

Every tourist who goes to Santa Monica takes a picture of the Santa Monica Pier from the corner of Colorado and Ocean.

Here's what you see if you look the other way on the corner of Colorado and Ocean.

IMG_4660.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads