• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
5867F64A-CB93-4DFF-AC9E-ADC3815D5A34.jpeg

105E8D18-0A22-41D4-A43F-ED32B7CE7C91.jpeg

451F5B31-9FC6-460A-8C41-95407984FC89.jpeg

blekit

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the shoes - black adelaide oxfords made by TLB Mallorca. So far I can say, that when it comes to leather quality and the craftmanship, they seem to be better than Yanko (which constitute a vast majority of my small collection). After few wears I'll try to write something more if anyone's interested.

tumblr_pd11leLEDX1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

20180806_073541.jpg

20180806_073758.jpg

20180806_073806.jpg

* suit and shirt from Suitsupply
* tie and ps from Poszetka
* TLB Mallorca shoes

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the shoes - black adelaide oxfords made by TLB Mallorca. So far I can say, that when it comes to leather quality and the craftmanship, they seem to be better than Yanko (which constitute a vast majority of my small collection). After few wears I'll try to write something more if anyone's interested.

View attachment 1014746
View attachment 1014747
View attachment 1014748

* suit and shirt from Suitsupply
* tie and ps from Poszetka
* TLB Mallorca shoes
The tie and pocket square look like a set.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoe color is nice with a navy suit, tie pattern (squares) isn't my cup o' joe but again the colors are good and it looks like it goes well with the shoes, and then... there's the PS...

giphy.gif

View attachment 1014746
View attachment 1014747
View attachment 1014748

This is probably one of your older suits but there's really not a lot of good to say about it. Patch pockets never make a whole lot of sense to me on grey suits in general, the light color washes you out, the jacket is too short, and the pants are way too tight. You also chose a shirt that doesn't contrast well with the suit while black shoes have the opposite problem and (maybe just to me) really only belong with darker grey or navy. Cleav does black shoes justice.

I do like the shoes, though.

Any chance your "chair by the window" brand may evolve to include "standing by the window with the camera far enough away to see the whole thing"? Always good on color palettes, of course.

I like the tie/jacket combo here, at least in the lighting of the full shots. Would prefer a solid shirt or at least one where the pattern was a little more different in scale than the jacket. And I've never quite felt like those black (they are black, right?) suede balmorals made much sense. They seem to be a contradiction in and of themselves so I'm not sure where they would actually work better.

Your PS folds let your fits down in general. Square-ish/triangle-ish with printed silk... I'm not feeling it. If they slip down maybe look for some simple pattern PS options in a wool/silk blend. Those stay put much better if that's what the issue is.

A bit of cold today in Mexico.

43845559922_14e82a6043_c.jpg

30024300368_c0946a46e5_c.jpg

Has the jacket been tailored yet? Seems big/baggy here. The trousers are from a local maker if I'm remembering correctly? I like them a lot. They seem to fit a lot better than the S&M trousers that came with your new suits. Tie/PS combo is cool in an unexpected way.

Gloomy morning.

30036422108_7237233ef2_c.jpg

43906088881_0f915b5aed_c.jpg

43906090701_715c1fd87e_c.jpg

Is this an orphaned suit jacket? Even if it isn't, the jacket seems out of place with the rest of it. Was it cold enough to need one?

conservative business dress Cleav is :inlove: Great tie and example of how to do a light tie in a dark business rig.

I like this combo a lot. You may not be interested, and you don't have to go that much wider, but those super slim trousers are just too slim. They're catching on your calves, hence the ripples below the knees, and cuffs that hug your ankles make your feet look comical.

Plain white/cream PS might be a better choice here too but that one works better than I would expect based on the fact that it looks like black with white dots?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar