• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ScuderiFormicola-01.jpg
ScuderiFormicola-03.jpg
ScuderiFormicola-04.jpg
ScuderiFormicola-05.jpg

Experimenting with a more classic cut (old fashioned?). The suit is from Sartoria Scuderi, based north of Rome and a tailor with a Roman aesthetic. Fuller cut in both jacket and pants and fairly marked and padded shoulders, as the tailors of Rome used to do it. The fabric comes from Zegna's Heritage line which is based on archived fabrics, from the 20s and 30s, which I think suits the style.

Suit: Sartoria Scuderi
Shirt: Zegna Couture
Tie: Errico Formicola
PS: Cucinelli
Shoes: Lobb

flvinny521

Reaction score
Today, maiden voyage for the tie.
* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie and ps from Poszetka
* Berwick loafers

Overall, this is one of my favorites I've seen of you. I am nit-picking, but the shirt might be too cool to pair with the warm suit and tie. Either that, or maybe it's too "business" to wear with a linen, patch pocket suit. Keep in mind that you're miles ahead of my own style, and I'm having a hard time pinpointing what is "off."

Also, and I don't mean to pile on you here, but I always think your silhouette looks a little bell-shaped, with narrow shoulders and wide, flared out hips. I think the pants issue being discussed has something to do with it, but maybe extended shoulders could help as well?

Keep in mind that I don't see that characteristic in this suit at all, I'm just referring to the general feel I get from a lot of your previous pictures.

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost don’t recognize who I am for typing this, but I think I’d prefer a blue shirt? Unsure about square, but, assuming not white, something simple.

The general consensus is sky blue linen or chambray (the non denim-y kind) for the shirt, cream for the square. It's time for a few new summer shirts anyway...

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Great fit. Simple but very effective. Would be interesting to see full body shots as well.
Thanks! As I’m just doing quick selfies on my way to work I’m afraid that full body shots are not possible. Here is a photo of same suit and same tie from some other day.

7042DBAD-493C-4747-AEA3-DCBFD1F95698.jpeg

8B748397-7611-4A2A-9306-6AFA6F889F39.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A grey, cool wet start to the week here in NYC, and, for no particular reason, I seem to have channeled my inner Gordon Gekko. C'est la vie en rose . . .

Suit - Brooks Brothers MTM
Shirt, tie, and braces - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8080.JPG
IMG_8081.JPG
IMG_8082.JPG
IMG_8083.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?